Event created in wrong calendar

I have two Google calendar accounts setup in eM Client – one is my office calendar, and one is my personal calendar.

I usually have the office calendar ticked in the list of calendars in the left hand navigation pane – this is because this is my default calendar, and when I create a new event, I usually want to create the event in that calendar.

However, sometimes when I create an event, I’ll change the selected calendar in the event editor to be my personal calendar. Here’s a screenshot to show what I mean – As you can see, the office (purple) calendar is selected as the default, but I’ve changed the “Calendar” option in the editor to be my personal (brown) calendar:

I’d expect the event to be created exclusively in the personal calendar. But what actually happens is the event is created in the office (purple) calendar, and and invitation is created in the personal (brown) calendar.

Any idea why this is happening? Is this expected behaviour, or can I fix this?

Hello Miles,
can you tell me what version of eM Client are you currently running? (Help>About section)

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I’m using v6.0.24316.0 on Windows 10.

-K

I think I may need to clarify my description a little… I said that the event is created in the office calendar, but it does actually appear in eM Client as if it were created in my personal calendar – it has the expected colour (brown) at least, but I can’t edit it.

And, if I go to my personal calendar in Google, it says that the event was created in the incorrect office calendar:

As you can see, the calendar is listed as the incorrect office calendar (purple), but “created by” my personal calendar user.

Hello Miles,
thank you for the additional information, I’m trying to replicate the problem now and will get back to you when I manage to do so.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Miles,
I tested and consulted this functionality with our developers.
Apparently this is an expected behaviour in the current version, as the ownership of the event is changed in the Scheduling tab, so if you just create it in different folder, then you cannot change it.
This has however been already changed in the upcoming version 7 where changing the Calendar folder will also change the ownership to the account that folder belongs in.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Olivia