Error with Calendar synchronization: MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException

Hopefully somebody is willing to help me. I have a problem with synchronizing calendars on my Synoloyg NAS (package Synology Calendar).

I use eM Client for a lot of years without problem for email synchronisation (Google account) ánd for calendar synchronisation (CalDAV) on my Synology NAS. Recently I installed eM Client version 8 and from that moment on a get the following error every time when the calendar synchronisation takes place. I am using the latest eM Client version (8.0.3318).

“22:45:11 MySynologyNAS [CardDAV / CardDAV] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Sync of MySynologyNAS/Inbox failed due to the following error: MySynologyNAS Not Allowed.”

I think it has something to do with synchronization of Tasks. I got this error never before and I do not know how to solved it. Please help!

Try enabling CardDAV / CardDAV logging for the account (Menu > Settings > Advanced) and then restart eM Client. Afterwards you’ll be able to read the log files by clicking the “send logs” button. It might give you more information. You could also post the file text here to evaluate.

I created the logfile as suggested. Below you can find the text with the error; for privacy reasons I changed privacy sensitive text in neutral text (italics).

The error seems to be caused by an old URL. Recently the calendar URL was changed and of course I changed that in the account setting. For some reason this new URL is not taken over by eM Client in the task part of the calendar account.

How can I solve this?

SynchronizeItemsCommand executing on ( /very-long-number/0/home_todo)
Request:
Method: REPORT, RequestUri: ‘https://old-url-from-nas/caldav.php/username/home_todo/’, Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
Accept: text/xml
Brief: t
Depth: 1
User-Agent: eMClient/8.0.3318.0
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
}
?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><D:sync-collection xmlns:D=“DAV:”><D:sync-token /><D:prop><D:getetag /><D:getcontenttype /></D:prop></D:sync-collection>
21:24:14.499|03D|
Response:
StatusCode: 405, ReasonPhrase: ‘Not Allowed’, Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionResponseContent, Headers:
{
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 19:24:17 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=20
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 150
}
html>
head title 405 Not Allowed /title /head
body
center h1 405 Not Allowed /h1 /center
hr center nginx /center
/body
/html

21:24:17.526|032|
Request:
Method: REPORT, RequestUri: ‘https://old-url-from-nas/caldav.php/username/home_todo/’, Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
{
Accept: text/xml
Brief: t
Depth: 1
User-Agent: eMClient/8.0.3318.0
Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8
}
?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“utf-8”?><D:sync-collection xmlns:D=“DAV:”><D:sync-token /><D:prop><D:getetag /><D:getcontenttype /></D:prop></D:sync-collection>
21:24:17.527|02D|
Response:
StatusCode: 405, ReasonPhrase: ‘Not Allowed’, Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionResponseContent, Headers:
{
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 19:24:20 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Keep-Alive: timeout=20
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 150
}
html
head title 405 Not Allowed /title /head
body
center h1 405 Not Allowed /h1 /center
hr center nginx /center