Error when idle...?

My PC is not set to go to sleep mode until after 3 hours of inactivity. However, I keep getting the following error whenever my computer is idle for more than about 45 minutes…

9:31:32 AM ericsands@sbcglobal.net [POP3]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Error when receiving from account ericsands@sbcglobal.net : Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…

What would cause this?

Sounds like your email service account is not set up right–servers–password? Or your service is having issues?

Hi Eric,

I believe it has nothing to do with misconfiguration
This has to do with  the SBCGlobal server and its KeepAlive settings.
All it needs is a refresh now and then.

Even My Gmail webmail also needs a refresh to receive mail after long idle time.
Other mail clients do the same for me…
Nature of the beast haha

Nothing to worry about if under active circumstances it works normally.

Thanks. Yes it does work normally besides that. I just hate seeing this little red warning triangle on the top right near the refresh button. Is there a way to not show that?

Thanks for the feedback.  Not sure how to disable this kind of warning.
Normally I’d like to know if a network connection is failing.
If a refresh doesn’t work , then at least you’ll know that it may be a temp problem with the server
If it works, the triangle will disappear…