Error uploading changes to read-only calendar (Fruux)

Hello,

We are starting to receive errors when eM client wants to upload apparent changes to a read-only calendar on Fruux. We are using the most recent version of eM Client released a few days ago version 5.0.18661.0.

Here is our Fruux setup:
Two Fruux calendars show in eM client: one is a writable calendar and the other is a shared, read-only calendar - configured on Fruux. While using eM Client throughout the day, eM Client constantly complains it cannot upload to the read-only calendar. There have be NO user changes made locally to the read-only calendar.

Please advise why this is happening and how we can resolve it.

Thx

I think the problem stems for eM Client not understanding a read-only calendar should be updated at Fruux. When I dismiss the notification alarm for a read-only event, I believe eM Client attempts to update the server to suppress the alarm/notification setting. However, eM Client should already know a particular calendar event is read-only and just suppress the local copy of the event, ignoring the server update.

Hello,

in this case I will need to see your CalDAV logs, go to tools - settings - advanced and check CalDAV under your Fruux account, apply and restart eM Client.

then simulate same steps which leads to your issue and then send logs… to [email protected] together with this topic’s URL in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

best regards
Jan

Any news on this? Is there a fix in sight?

This is a really old thread.

What version of eM Client are you using?

What is the error?