Error synchronising mail

[IMAP]Known Microsoft Exchange server error “User is authenticated but not connected” has been encountered on IMAP connection. This issue is temporary and should be automatically resolved by the server. If not, please contact your mail provider.

Originally my hotmail a/c wasn’t working so I tried deleting it and adding a new hotmail account. Once I did this I now get this message on my main email account

OK - sorted that - it appears that when I attempted to add my hotmail account - somehow I added a dupliate of my gmail account. Now deleted the duplicate and gmail account ok - so how do I add my hotmail account ? Preferably step by step please.

So can we assume that you have waited and also contacted your “mail provider”, which is not eMC

I did wait initially but nothing happened. Once I deleted the duplicate a/c everything was OK. Re “mail provider” I assume you mean either Gmail or Hotmail. But my issue is that I can’t get eMC to access my hotmail account… I can access my hotmail account via another client(i.e. Mailbird) but would prefer to use eMC to access it.

That is correct.

Help might be available, by myself or another person or 2, if we only knew what the problem is IN DETAIL… ie: errors, screenshots, version, etc

All I want to do is for eMC to send and receive emails for both my gmail(main) account and my hotmail account.
I have assumed (rightly or wrongly) that I need to add an account within eMC ans so I enter my hotmail address into the add account field - I suspect this is where I go wrong because it just seems to create a duplicate of my main gmail a/c

SO you enter your Hotmail email address in the account field and it changes that to your Gmail address along with the rest of the Gmail account settings?

I also asked for some info in the prior message and that appears to have been ignored…

Sorry about that - took a while to sort out ! O/S Win 10 64bit EMV Ver 8.2.1473 (04b618f) emc page 1|690x388