Error: Sync for /trashbin/Object not implemented [SOLVED]

Hello,
I am running emclient 7.x with a nextcloud version 20 backend that I just setup on debian 10. No problems on nextcloud and runs fine. However, I am getting a sync error via emclient on windows 10:

8:39:36 AM user [CalDAV / CardDAV]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder user/trashbin/objects/
8:39:37 AM user [CalDAV / CardDAV] MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Subfolder synchronization for folder "objects" failed due to the following error: Not Implemented

I am getting a pop up window with this error everytime emclient syncs with the nextcloud server. The only thing I can figure out is that /trashbin/Objects might have something to do with a trashbin for calendar appointments - so you can restore them when deleted. Some how emclient does not support this and thats why the error?? Either that or something is missing in nextcloud like an add on app or a misconfiguration??

Any help on this one?

Darn it. Nevermind. I have solved the issue. I upgraded from 7 to 8 and I no longer get these popups.
I swear, Everytime I spend hours trying to figure out a problem and then finally decide to post about - I find the problem soon after I post about it. :frowning:

Well, At least this is here for anyone that scratching their head like I was.

2 Likes

Yeah, there were a bunch of new features in 8. Support for NextCloud was added in 8.1 :wink:

Before I transition a bunch of accounts from v.7 to v.8, Did the “Cannot connect to license server” error get fixed?

Thank you for your reply

That is probably something to so with your OS security or network connection.

What is the full error?

Hi Gary,
I had it on a persons computer with version 8. I checked everything and then downgraded to 7. 7 seemed to work fine. I do not have one with that issue now but I did read about some others having it and just wondered if anything became of it. If it happens again I will post about it.

Thank you for your reply - Merry Christmas :slight_smile: