Error Retrieving Messages (IMAP)

Hi David,
the update won’t solve anything, because the problem is with something blocking your connection to the calDAV server or the server itself being unavailable.
You didn’t mention if you made the exception in Windows Firewall also, or if you just added the one in AVG. You could try disabling both for a while if the problem is really in eM Client being blocked by your applications; if not, the error must be with the server.
Either it is not available or you have it set up incorrectly. Can you check if the CalDAV address is reachable through the URL? You will find it in Tools>Accounts and under the CalDAV tab of your account copy the Server address into your browser (if the server is accessible you will be prompted for a user name and password).

Regards,
Olivia

Cannot reach the server: 

https://caldav.secureserver.net/principals/users/[email protected]/

Why do I need this server?
I never had it with Outlook, and I’m receiving and sending mail OK ???

BTW - my Windows firewall is off 

Hi David,
this server is for your Calendar, which obviously has different (and not working) server address and therefor it cannot influence your mail. Since he address is wrong/not available, it makes sense now why your connection to it could not be established.
Is this supposed to be a calendar you have been using previously? Because if you are not using it you can just disable the calendar option all together.

Regards,
Olivia

I need a local Calendar on my PC, just as I had with Outlook.
I don’t care if it syncs in the cloud - I’m not sure my Outlook did that.
Can I see my local calendar as just disable the on-line link?