ERROR OCCURREDSMTP STARTTLS COMMAND FAILS

just loaded …incoming works… but outgoing gets message below

I have the same problem.

It seems some may have a problem in the reverse that I had at one time. My ISP told me to use SSL for authentication and later found that Start TLS turned out to be the one needed. I have since started using an AntiVirus software that does the Authentication for me so I set any e-mail client to no authentication. All work just fine. Alwil’s Avast5 works great and it is FREE.

Are you saying that there is buggy SMTP authentication EM-client side?

NO, I am saying that my ISP has not a clue what they are using to authenticate. There may just be some others that are having the same problem, just experiment to see if you can get one to work.
NTLS

so how do I turn off authentication on eM Client???

Tools - Accounts - SMTP/IMAP - Security policy

I turned it off, now I get this "1:44:52 AM MailExceptions.ItemOperationException: Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:1:44:52 AM "5.7.1 Authentication Required

That will only work if you are using an AntiVirus software that will perform the ‘Authentication’ for you and you set it up in that AV software. I use Avast! Antivirus FREE and it works well.
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS

I also do not recommend using the CNet download site to get any software FREE or other wise. They have a habit of placing their own installer package on some more popular downloads, that sends information back to them like ‘tracking software’ without your authorization nor even your knowledge. I do recommend using the original creator’s website ONLY for any downloads of any software from the web for your OWN protection.
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS

Excuse me, I am not saying any thing is WRONG with eMail Client software, just with so many ISPs out there even using what is supposed to be a Standard of Authentication for all to use. With humans involved with the programming and setting up for the general public to use ERRORS can be made. It is that I found this method worked for me and that problem has gone away without a need to complain, from me any way.

I am just a simple user that is very curious about my own system and if it works for me then I share my work arounds.

eMail Client has done a very fine job of making this an “ease of use” program for even the simplest of users, or least experienced. I have another that I prefer and now that I am the only one on the web from my location will be transferring to the other software ASAP.

Most all of the problems I had found within this software has been repaired without any complaints from me. GREAT JOB, to eMail Client for doing this for even those that cannot afford to pay. Now I do have one item that is not a problem, but; can improve performance and make ‘use’ even easier for your customers:

“When right clicking on an email to move to a mailbox and the list of boxes comes up at the present time if you select the mailbox there is a need to then move to the Radio Button at the bottom of that window. If you were to set it so when selecting the mailbox with a ‘double click’ the selected mail will be moved and the need to going to the ‘RB’ at the bottom is not needed.”

Thank you for reading my simple message and More Good Luck within your future.

TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS

P.S. Just discovered a feature that seems to NOT be working, Crtl + C/ Ctrl + V or Ctrl + Shift + C/ Ctrl + V are not allowing the copy/paste for highlighted parts of messages to be used in another message or anywhere.

Thank you for reading this addition
TIA, CU L8IR,
NTxLS

I use Avast Free also, how do you set it to authenticate for you?

Dale,

Double click the orange globe in the system tray and when the Summary page comes up go to the left panel and select “Real-Time Shields” the below that “Mail Shield” then click on the radio button to the right side “Expert Settings” then read the features you have available to set up for your own protection. I cannot get info mine at this time guide you any farther. There will be selections to setup your email for authentication and those will be set to the SSL/TLS ports that are required by your eMail Client, 465 for SMTP and the other to 995 for POP3. Then in eMail Client you set POP3 to 110 and the SMTP 25 so they all go through Avast for scanning for viruses.

Hope this helps,
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS

Dale,

Not knowing your ISP could cause some difficulties for you so may need to contact them to see what they require and then you may set them according to what they tell you.

I am not a computer guru, geek-a-zoid nor any other cute named Xpert (has been authority, like H2O drip under pressure), just a very curious user that likes to fudge with my system.
TIA, CU L8R,
NTxLS

what is the other product?