Error messages including "RemoteUids already exists

Program stopped working today, with multiple “RemoteUids already exists” and “an item with same key has already been added” messages.  POP account (AT&T), storage location has not been changed and current storage location (default setting) is not read only.  Moreover, attempt to repair unsuccessful, with error message “jaDbBackupResourcesfile missing from languages.cab.”  Complete uninstall/reinstall returns program to same problem.

Can anyone help?

Sample error log:
4:14:39 PM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 
4:14:39 PM [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
4:14:40 PM [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]

4:14:42 PM   System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
4:14:42 PM    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
4:14:42 PM    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) 4:14:42 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3Account.CheckUids(IEnumerable1 uidsList)
4:14:42 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Pop3.Pop3ReceiveCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
4:14:42 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

It is a very strange situation: I did no changes as I know, but this bug appeared at once. On the other hand I found a directory “Archive” within the email folder, with some setting files, with modification dates just about at the date when things started go wrong.
Made a full copy, and after having the data safe, I simply overwrote the main dir config files with those from the Archive directory. Started eM Client again - and it worked.
Do not ask for the reasons… But maybe this can help others as well.

I guess because there was an issue with the database, and you deleted it, so the issue is no longer there. :slight_smile: