Error message: you cannot download this message because you are not connected to the server.

Each time I click on an incoming email it says: you cannot download this message because you are not connected to the server. I am connected to both server and Internet. What can I do?

Hello Irris, sorry to see this, what mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server? If so, can you try to temporarily disable the security software and check if the issue persists?

What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Thank you,

Hi Paul. Thanks for replying. I have not changed any security settings. I am using toast.net which 2 weeks ago changed from a google mail server to a new Smartermail server. The change has been fraught with problems for me. This is the most recent one. Is there any setting in em client that I should look at to change this?

Hello Irris, if your mail server has changed the server provider/host, you may need to re-setup your account using the new mail server settings, or the automatic setup which should automatically detect the new settings, try to navigate to Tools > Accounts > New account, and setup the account again from scratch using the automatic setup and check if the issue persists.

If it does, can you please check what version of eM Client you’re currently using on your computer in Help > About and report to us here on the forum again?

Thank you,