Error message when deleting mail

When I delete mail I get an error message '[IMAP] Unable to create folder “k****@******.plus.com/Trash/” on the server. (Invalid mailbox name)  Have I made an error in my set up?

Hi Kevin,

Please check your Special folders in Menu > Tools > Accounts > your account > IMAP > Special folders. After you right-click on the folder in the folder tree, the address should be the same.

Russel

Thank you Russel.  There are folders in the tree and the addresses are the same as listed on the tree  eg. Trash - Trash etc. It seems that, each time I delete or send, the eM app is trying to create a folder on the server rather than putting the item into a local trash or sent folder. I have tried checking and unchecking the ‘automatically detect special folders’ box but that makes no difference. Kevin

Hi Kevin,

This is because eM Client couldn’t recognize the special folders. Therefore, the address in Menu > Tools > Accounts > IMAP is wrong and eM Client tries creating the folders. Please check the correct folder address on your mail server and then enter the path manually.

Russel

Hi Russel, 
Thanks. I have tried to enter details manually but, to be honest I am not sure if I should enter the whole address string as in the address bar or just the short title in the PlusNet Folders, which is INBOX.Trash etc. I tried pasting the address string but that didn’t work and neither did the short titles. I notice that, whatever I try, when I check the folder properties on the eM app the server details do not change. All rather confusing.  

Kevin