Error Message when deleting and merging

error message saying “exhausted” when merging and/or deleting contacts. 

What version of eM Client are you using Steve?

Hi Gary Thanks for getting back with me. I am not even sure what version of emclient I am using. Where can I find that answer for you. Thanks. 

Gary it looks like I am on version 7.236465. Thanks.

There are some issues with that version, so you might want to downgrade to the previous release and see if the issue is still there.

To do that close and uninstall eM Client, making sure NOT to delete your database when prompted. Then download and install 7.2.35595 from from the Release History. When you start the application all your settings and data will be there. 

If the problem is no longer there, don’t upgrade to 7.2.36465 if prompted. Rather wait for the next release.

If the problem is still there, you can upgrade again, and we will have to see what else can be done.

Gary Thanks again. So I use em client with gmail on the PC andorid and the android phone. First, how do I close and uninstall emclient on the PC? I am not finding a way to do that.  Do I need do  to the same on the phone? Thanks for your help. 

To close eM Client, choose Menu > File > Exit, click on the X in the top right, or use Alt + F4.

To uninstall the application in Windows 10, right-click on the eM Client icon and choose Uninstall.

There is nothing on the phone you need to do.

I might have the version before windows 10. Does that matter? Sorryfor such basic questions. Totally appreciate your help

Windows 8 works the same in this regard. Right-click on the application icon and choose Uninstall.

Where do I find the  windows 8 or 10 the application icon so I can uninstall. Than I will need to install 7.2.35595. Please get very detailed for me. Please walk me through this. Thanks.

Maybe you are joking, no?

The application icon is the icon you click on to open the application. 

Gary, I am not joking. I was spoiled by an IT department at the bank I worked for. Now I am retired. As dumb as I seem, I do not know where to find the windows icon. Thanks

How do you start eM Client? That is the application icon you click on to open the application. 

I asked where do I find the Windows Icon? Thanks

I asked how do you start eM Client: that is the icon!

I think you are having a laugh. Maybe someone else can help you further.

No. I an mot laughing. I greatly appreciate the help you have give me…

How do I get connected to another agent? 

Ok. Gary. I am disabled and not meaning to ask dumb questions.I am frustrated.  I have ms with cognitive issues. I am asking you to be patient with me. I called a friend and he taught me to right click on the icon to uninstall. That is what I was missing. So when I got to opening it I learned that the correct existing ap is 7.234062. Should I prpceed with uninstall?  When I hit uninstall. It did not give me an option to delete or not delete contacts. It just showed another uninstall button to do the action. 

I certainly do not want to do anything to loose my contacts. Please advise. 

Hi Steve,

In response to your questions and comments:

How do I get connected to another agent?

This is a community forum for users of the free version of eMC,
so Help is provided by volunteers.- hence we’re not " agents"  
Gary is THE best -without him this forum would almost collapse.

I think Gary may have misunderstood…

You are certainly facing serious challenges and do have my sympathy.

I’m not sure how you got 2 different versions reported.
7.236465  and 7.234062
If it is truly 7.234062 ,then you just update to v7.2.35595 

Also refer to Gary’s answer above a few posts up.

There are some issues with that version,(7.2.36465) so you might want to downgrade to the previous release and see if the issue is still there.
To do that close and uninstall eM Client, making sure  NOT  to delete your database when prompted. Then download and install 7.2.35595 from from the Release History. When you start the application all your settings and data will be there. 
If the problem is no longer there, don’t upgrade to 7.2.36465 if prompted. Rather wait for the next release.
If the problem is still there, you can upgrade again, and we will have to see what else can be done.

To safeguard and save your Contacts separately: 
Menu > File > Export

Decide which you prefer - Single file or Separate.

Do both if not sure and compare
Substitute HP8000 with your UserName lol
Single file is easier to import if necesary.

Are you still privately in touch with some members of IT staff ?
One of them may help you
You need all the help you get get and get a bit more up to snuff regarding your computer and programs and email settings etc

This forum doesn’t lend itself to extensive Windows help…

Peter E