Error - [IMAP] Lost connection with server

After I send the e-mail, I get an error - [IMAP] Lost connection with server.

What is the problem and what can I do about it?

Thanks in advace.

I have the same problem…

Yes, but no one from EmClient is addressing it. I was thinking of buying a client. But when I already have a problem with the trial version and no one is able to solve it, I lost faith in this product.

I also have the same problem.

After I send the e-mail, I get an error - [IMAP] Lost connection with server.

What is the problem and what can I do about it.

If you are getting IMAP lost connection, that could be a few reasons apart from the IMAP server settings.

What is your eM Client account “Server address, port and security policy” ? Also who is your mailbox providor ?

Also what version of eM Client are you running, and do your have Windows or Mac & OS ver ?

(Reasons you can get lost IMAP connections).

If the “physical connection between you and the remote mail server has eg: big delays for some reason” the mailer then can loose connection. So you could do a ping test to your mail server when it’s checking mail and see what the ms round trip time is and if it reaches the mail server ok.

Also if the internet connection “is not stable constant enough”, you could get random lost connections. So along as you have a constant eg: min 10mbps d/l and u/l you should be fine. If it’s dropping below that you might have issues.

Also programs can sometimes cause IMAP connection issues like eg: Optional VPNs, Optional Firewalls / Security programs, Optional Antivirus programs. So if you have any optional programs like that installed “try completely disabling those to test” incase of interference.