Error ehn activating free edition.

On activating eM Client with the provided license key i am presented with the error ‘Problem has occurred when contacting the licensing server. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.’

try re-registering the program. otherwise I dunno how to fix this

Are you still experiencing the problem? We had to move the servers last week to a new hosting provider due to severe problems with connectivity from foreign countries.

I have tried twice to register free version (different email addresses) and also get this message. I am keen to buy but if the free version will not register how can I be sure that the full paid version will also work. I am wanting to try before I buy but find bugs creating problems. I cannot export my stored messages so it is like I am held to ransom and unless I buy the full version my messages are locked out on me. Hopefully a satisfactory response will return soon. I will check back in 24 hours to see if there is a reply.

Hello, yesterday we were relocating our license server so it wasn’t available for some time. Can you try to activate license now? It should work. If it doesn’t, let us know.

Problem still persists. Error reads: “Problem has occurred when contacting license server: The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation Failed”

Problem still persists. Error reads: “Problem has occurred when contacting license server: The request failed with HTTP status 417: Expectation Failed”

having the same problem as well… is there anything done to the license servers at the moment?

As far as I know it should work OK - is the problem still actual?

have you got a reply.
what is it!
I am frustrated with this also!!!

Hello,

I have replied you here: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

please post your issue to one topic, posting same issue multiple times causes forum confusing.

regards
Jan

I finally have it done after 3 hours and the HELP is the top of the email screen.
It should be done in ONE STOP and not here and there causing all this time wasted and frustration.
Anyway, the most important is that the evaluation period( trail period) is causing the problem, that carry no effect and cause all this problem.
Use other sales method!!! The one who create this can not be my staf!!!

Hello,

to be honest I can’t imagine spending 3 hours on help - license, you even got this in emails with your license number…

also what are your issues with trial period? There are so far no users complaining at that.

regards
Jan