Error Connecting

I’ve always gotten the occasional “Error Connecting” message but today was the worst and made getting my emails from my PC all but impossible. I have my email accounts at Go Daddy and the problem seems to by with the IMAP servers when I check diagnostics. My Go Daddy WebMail works and so do all of my Apple products so the problem is just isolated to eMClient

Hi, could you please paste here whole error message and tell me what version exactly do you use?

Jan

WOW 10 months and no reply here. I just opened a new ticket. Every few minutes all my email accounts get a connection error. Pop3 IMAP doesn’t matter what type of email account it is. using the latest version of eM-Client v6 on Windows 8.1. Here is the error window as a screen shot.

Hi again Yotsume, this topic was answered by one of our formers colleagues, however as you can see the original poster did not respond to our data request.
If you’ve submitted a support ticket on our support system, I’m sure one of my colleagues will be in touch with you shortly.

Thank you,
Paul.

I too am having the same issue at least 2-3 times a day.

Hi Joan, what version of eM Client are you currently using, can you check for the exact version number in Help > About?
Also, when the error occurs, please switch to the “Log” tab, copy the content of the log and post it here on the forum.

Are you having issues while synchronizing your account or while sending or receiving messages?

Thank you,
Paul.

Me too.

I’m having the exact same problem, and have had since I first purchased eM Client in May of this year.  I’m using v 6.0.21040.0.

Multiple times each day eM Client gives me the same (as others have noted above) failed connection message on all of my mail accounts.  

It’s also very frustrating when the body of emails will not display because the app “is not connected to the server.”  That doesn’t make for a very productive work day.  Some days this consistent connection issue is enough to make me want to switch apps, though I love most everything else about eM Client.

Hi Jill, what mail service are you using with eM Client? Can you please try to install this update and check if the issue persist?
http://www.emclient.com/dist/v6.0.21151/setup.msi

Thank you,
Paul.

Thank you for your reply, Paul.

We’re running our mail through Google’s mail servers for spam protection.  We’ve both been using the update you sent for the past two days, and while we haven’t (so far) had any of the error notifications noted above, we are still getting the “hang” on downloading mail.  In fact, I couldn’t read your response email regarding the update install for about 15 seconds, as the app couldn’t download the message–this doesn’t happen on every email received, but it happens frequently enough each day to be frustrating.  Other mail apps that I have as alternatives seem to pretty much imap instantly.  Any ideas on how to fix that?

Hi Jill, eM Client by default only downloads the headers of emails to save up space on your computer and to generally give you information about new email quicker and to be able to perform operations more quickly.
This means that the body of the message is marked for download after you click on the message in your inbox.

You could avoid this by using the “Download messages for offline use” option for your account, but as I noted this will also increase the automatic data flow on your computer as all the messages bodies will be automatically downloaded when available.

You can enable this for each of your accounts in Tools > Accounts > Your account, or for selected folders. To enable the setting for a selected folder, please right click the folder and select Properties > Offline.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Got it.  Thank you, Paul.  I’ll give that a try on my inbox folders.

I am getting the same thing.  I am using Go-Daddy IMAP and I am receiving my emails through eM, but each time I open eM, I get the following error message:

How can I stop this from happening?

Hello Devin, could you make an exception for eM Client in your firewall and antivirus software?
If that does not help, please attach the copy of the Log (third tab in the Operations window).

regards,
Olivia

My firewall and antivirus software is configured to make an exception for eM Client, but I still get the error code.  I do not know what you mean by copy of the Log!  Are you speaking about the Operations window in my antivirus software, my computer or somewhere else?  Please advise, 

Hi Devin,
the log from Tools>Operations>Log window in eM Client.

Regards,
Olivia

I am still receiving the failure notice, although I am able to send and receive emails.  How do I make this go away?

Here is a copy of my log.  Please note that I recently received a failure notice for both of my Gmail accounts that took place immediately after I updated eM, but I have since fixed this issue.

11:42:37 AM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability 11:42:37 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder UncleDevinShow/Inbox
11:42:37 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder UncleDevinShow/
11:42:37 AM Devin Walker Consultants [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Devin Walker Consultants/
11:42:37 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail/Google Acct/
11:42:37 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:38 AM Devin’s Books [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Devin’s Books/
11:42:38 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder PBPCHP-Gmail/
11:42:38 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:38 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:38 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:39 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:39 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:39 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:39 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:39 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder PBPCHP-Gmail/Inbox
11:42:39 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:39 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail/Google Acct/Inbox
11:42:40 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘PBPCHP-Gmail/Contacts/’
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder list
11:42:40 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder PBPCHP-Gmail/[Gmail]
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail/Google Acct/[Gmail]
11:42:40 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘PBPCHP-Gmail/[email protected]/’
11:42:40 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
11:42:40 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: For folder UncleDevinShow/Inbox
11:42:40 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder UncleDevinShow/Inbox
11:42:40 AM Devin’s Books [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM Devin’s Books [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder Devin’s Books/Inbox
11:42:40 AM Devin Walker Consultants [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM Devin Walker Consultants [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder Devin Walker Consultants/Inbox
11:42:40 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder PBPCHP-Gmail/Inbox
11:42:40 AM Devin’s Books [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:40 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder Gmail/Google Acct/[Google Mail]
11:42:41 AM PBPCHP-Gmail [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
11:42:41 AM Gmail/Google Acct [GData]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/[email protected]/’
11:42:41 AM Devin Walker Consultants [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
11:42:41 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
11:42:41 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder Gmail/Google Acct/Inbox
11:42:41 AM Gmail/Google Acct [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
11:42:42 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing message flags: Done
11:42:42 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder UncleDevinShow/Inbox
11:42:42 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: 
11:42:42 AM (Connection terminated)
11:42:42 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
11:42:42 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFlagsCommand.ExecuteInternal2(WorkerStatus status, ConnectionContext context)
11:42:42 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeFlagsCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
11:42:42 AM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:42:42 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
11:42:46 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
11:42:46 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder UncleDevinShow/Inbox
11:42:46 AM UncleDevinShow [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
11:42:59 AM UncleDevinShow [CalDAV]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server —> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 184.168.130.195:443
11:42:59 AM    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndConnect(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
11:42:59 AM    at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)
11:42:59 AM    — End of inner exception stack trace —
11:42:59 AM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult, TransportContext& context)
11:42:59 AM    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.RequestCommand.Execute(HttpWebRequest httpRequest, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action1 logBody) 11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.XmlRequestCommand.Execute(HttpWebRequest httpRequest, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Action1 logBody)
11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.Connector.RunCommand(CalDavAccount account, ICommand command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
11:42:59 AM    — End of inner exception stack trace —
11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.CalDav.ProtocolCommands.Connector.RunCommand(CalDavAccount account, ICommand command, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.BootstrapCommand.UpdatePrincipalUri(Uri baseUri)
11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.CalDav.Synchronizer.BootstrapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
11:42:59 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

looks like no fix. time to switch.

What do you mean by no fix?  Are you having similar issues?  This thread is 3 years old.  Let us know what your issues are and maybe we can help.

see here: https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/connection-error-c8xpjy54kr7uv
same error, thread only nine months old. My screenshot is from today. I don’t think other users can help. The ball lies in eM Client’s court. I opened a support ticket today.