Error Connecting to Email Server

Seems every other time I start eM Client It tells me there was an error connecting to the server.
I have no problem logging in directly from Internet Explorer.

So, it seems to work half the time.

James

I believe it’s ok now.
I have 2 accounts.
In one of them one of the ports were wrong.
The other, the authentication was checked.

Not sure why I wasn’t getting the error all the time.

Jay

I spoke too soon.

I can’t figure this out.

I’ll run EM client one time and it will fail to connect to one of the servers
The next time it will fail with the other and the first one is ok.
I’ve deleted and recreated both accounts.

One account is for gmail and the other is roadrunner.

I’ve set both up as pop3 and are using both in the local folders.

I had this setup before with no problems.
Only difference was I used separate folders for each account.

Hi Jay, not completely sure what you’re referring to, are you having issues while sending or receiving email through eM Client? Are you seeing any errors using the application, if so, can you make a screenshot of the error and submit the screenshot to us here on the forum?

Have you considered setting up the account as IMAP to keep your items synchronized with your mail server?

Thank you,
Paul

I also can’t get my mail to download. It shows me an error box saying I am not connected to the server.  How can I fix that?

Hi, are you having any issues synchronizing your items? E.g. are you missing any messages that would be available on the mail server and not in eM Client, or is only the error displayed?

When the error occurs, can you please switch to the “Log” tab in Operations and submit the content of the log to us for more information about the issue? You can copy the log content by using ctrl+a and ctrl+c, after you do so just paste the log content to us here on the forum.

Thank you,
Paul

How do I submit the log to you please?

I am missing the message.  Error shows.

3:46:08 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
3:46:09 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
3:46:11 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
3:46:13 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
3:46:18 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
3:46:18 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done

3:47:58 PM Online state: changed to online with reason NetworkAvailability
3:47:58 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Archives
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Drafts
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Sent
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Spam
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Junk E-mail
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/SentMail
3:48:02 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:03 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:03 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
3:48:03 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:03 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
3:48:03 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Archives
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Drafts
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Junk E-mail
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Junk E-mail
3:48:04 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Sent
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Sent
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Sent
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/SentMail
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/SentMail
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Spam
3:48:05 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Drafts
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:06 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Sent
3:48:07 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:07 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:09 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:09 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Trash
3:48:12 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
3:48:12 PM [email protected] [IMAP]  MailExceptions.ConnectionException:
3:48:12 PM (Connection terminated)
3:48:12 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.ThrowIfConnectionBroken(BasicResponse response)
3:48:12 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.PrefetchCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
3:48:12 PM    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
3:48:12 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Are you having any issues synchronizing your items? E.g. are you missing any messages that would be available on the mail server and not in eM Client, or is only the error displayed?

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,  there are two messages that eM won’t download.  I went online to my server and they downloaded there ok.  The only error I get is what I said above.  Unable to download message, not connected to server.

Hi Sue, do you think you could forward one of the messages to us as attachment? Make sure the forwarded message is attached to your email as an attachment and not displayed in the body of the sent message.

Also, can you please enable logging in your eM Client for more information about the issue, navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable IMAP logging for the problematic account, save the settings and repair the folder you’re having issues with, e.g. where your messages should be stored.

To repair a folder, right click the mail folder and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button.

Wait for the application to resynchronize with your mail server, and if the issue persists, restart the application and submit the logging data by using the “Send logs” button in the Advanced settings window.

Submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with and please include a reference URL link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul

I don’t think I can follow all what you say, Paul.  First thing, I cannot send that mail as an attachment.  I can forward a mail but cannot attach a piece of mail to a forwarded mail.  When I forward it shows up and you asked it not be displayed. 

Secondly, I do not see any word called enable when I went into tools, settings, advanced and no enable but I did see IMAP and the box was checked.

However when I right clicked the inbox icon and clicked repair, the two messages that wouldn’t show before showed up. 

I think it’s fixed now.  Do you?

Thanks,
Sue Ward

I hope so, in case a similar issue reoccurs, please make sure to let us know. I don’t believe the connection errors are related to the inability of downloading these messages. These may be thrown by the application in case of a short temporary connectivity issue when the connection is dropped between the server.

eM Client should be able to resolve this issue automatically by reconnecting, so unless you’re having issues with downloading emails from the server, you don’t have to be worried about these errors. You can also hide these errors from showing in the applications settings, just navigate to Tools > Settings > General, and uncheck the option “Show window when an error occurs”.

Regards,
Paul

Thank you very much, Paul for helping and suggesting things.

You are probably right about it being a temporary connectivity issue.   I think I will keep the errors alert messages which will encourage me to stay on top if there is another problem. 

I just had the same problem again.  I will try to send the log to your email.

I can’t send them.  it’s too big. Please tell me how to send the logs again

I am still having the problem with downloading emails.  For the past while, I just go to my old email program, Thunderbird and delete them and then I go back to eMclient and work from there again.  Today I decided to ask again what I can do to make this stop?  I can download these emails from webmail too but can’t in eMclient.

Sorry, but unfortunately we haven’t received any logging data yet in order to proceed with this issue, please make sure to submit the logging data regarding this issue to my email as I previously suggested.

In case the logging was enabled up until now, please clear the log folder and create new up to date logging data for more information.

I cleared the log folder, but how do I send it when I get the problem again?  I will get it tomorrow morning for sure.