Errir importing from older MS Outlook version

When attempting import from MS Outlook I get the following error:

“MS Outlook threw an exception with code -2147221242. Please contact eM Client support to get more information.”

Windows XP Professional SP3 with MS Office 2000

Hi,
have you tried to set MS Outlook as your default mail handler?

Hi Gabriel,

MS Outlook is set as the default handler; I tried it both ways and got the same error message. I also ran scanpst.exe and it says there are no errors with the .pst file.

Does it make a difference that I am on the trial version with a free license key?

Sorry to hear that. There’s no difference in that regarding Outlook import.
Does the other import option (Import selected folders) work?

With the import selected folders option it errors out with:
“An exception happened when trying to import data: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.”

It does allow me to get past there to the (Import from Microsoft Outlook) dialog but then it errors with:
“An exception happened when trying to import data: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at Microsoft.Office.Interop.Outlook.MAPIFolder.get_FolderPath()
at MailClient.Importers.Outlook.OutlookImport.calculateTotalCount(BackgroundWorker worker)
at MailClient.Importers.Outlook.OutlookImport.ImportDataWorker(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)”

This occurs with or without Outlook open.

Hello,
I consulted it with our main software architect. We are sorry, but there’s big difference between newer Outlook versions API and Outlook 2000. We decided not to implement support for this old version any more. You can import to eM Client by some other ways or upgrade your Outlook to some newer version.

I thought that might be the case; thanks

What a grand pity. I too cannot import anything from Outlook 2000 to eM.

Those who are likely to want to find an alternative to Outlook will quite probably be hanging onto an old version, but these are specifically the people who you are not helping to make the move to eM.

And then your advice is buy a newer version of outlook just so that I can discard it an move to eM. Very strange logic indeed.

Neville

Hi,
we are working on a different way of importing from Outlook through direct .pst files reading. It should solve some issues with interoperability libraries and allow to import even those old versions.
Petr

Hi Petr

Could you show how to import .pst files ? I already uninstalled Outlook from my computer.

Thks

You need Outlook installed to be able to read the proprietary .pst file format. Install Outlook again, if you don’t have the program, you can download the demo: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/try…
EM Client at the moment still needs Outlook to read the .pst files.

Great. Thanks TNCS
One more question: Operations Error look like this: “IMAP. Unable to create folder “hobaminh@sptfone.vn/sent” on the server (Invalid mailbox name)”. How to fix this error, please help.

Thanks
Minh

Did you get this error message immediately after you setup your e-mail account? What version of eM Client are you using?

I not remember because I just click Ok quickly. I’m using version 3.5