Endless prompting for password Win 10 gmail

Suddenly I cannot received messages. I keep getting that annoying popup that others have reported asking for username & password. Seehttps://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/installed-ur-free-program-and-got-my-gmails-in-but-now-it-endlessly-demands-username-pswd-not-2-step for a similar past report. 

I have changed nothing in Windows or eM Client since yesterday when it was working fine.

I have the log if you will tell me how to attach it to this problem report.

Hello Sam,
that is indeed strange, as this window should not appear for gmail accounts at all. Gmail now needs to be activated through oAuth window.
What version of eM Client are you using? Check Help>About section for full version number.
Have you tried removing and re-adding your gmail account in Tools>Accounts setting?

Regards,
Olivia

I’m using eM Client V 6.0.24928.0.

I’m hesitant about removing & re-adding my gmail account because I had so much trouble getting it to work in the first place.

OK. Now things are really messed up. My calendar and everything else disappeared when I tried to add the gmail account back.

Calendar & other stuff reappeared after I stopped then restarted eM Client, but send/receive still not working.

Hello Sam,
are you still getting the login window or is there an error message you could copy for me?

Regards,
Olivia

Yes. Still getting the login window. I uninstalled & re-installed eM Client, but that had no effect.

It seems that the linking into gmail for authorization is not happening.

Hello Sam,
I see, you seem to have your gmail set up as POP3 account.
Are you using an application password to login into eM Client?
Please read about generating and using gmail Application passwords here.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

I read about application passwords on the link. It applies only to two step verification. I am not using two step verification on gmail.

Configuration - 

Would you like to connect to my computer directly with TeamViewer to see if you can fix the problem?

I’m using version 7.0.26482.0

Sam

Update:

I was able to set up the new Mail app on Win 10 to my primary gmail account without incident since it linked to Gmail to verify my password. eM Client refuses to do this.

Yea!!!

I tried one last time to get Outlook to connect to my primary gmail account and it worked!!!

All I did was to change the email address and password in the new account I set up for the forwarded email. I don’t know why this worked when everything else failed, but I’m grateful that it did.

While eM Client looked promising now that Outlook works I’ll go back to using it.