Encryption - include these certificates with outgoing messages

Hello,

If I DO NOT select the “include these certificates with outgoing messages” check box for security profile, will my public keys still be sent with a message that I digitally sign?

In other words, I only want my public keys to be sent with messages that I digitally sign and NOT with every messages I send (signed or otherwise). What would be the correct selection to setup my profile?

Thanks.

Hi, to automatically sign all your messages, go to Tools > Settings > Mail > Certificates, setup a security profile and assign it to your account.
If you compose a new email, signed icon will be active automatically, you can also select to encrypt those mails.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Actually my question was… if an e-mail is NOT signed will the certificate be sent if the “include these certificates with outgoing messages” option is selected. In other words if I set my profile up as shown in the attached image will my certificate always be sent even if I DON’T sign the message. Thanks.

Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding, no the certificate will not be sent with the message if it’s not signed.

Thank you,
Paul.

I tried this, but even if “Digitally sign messages (by default)” is checked, I still have to sign every mail individually. It seems not to do anything for me…

Hi Robert, did you create the security profile and assigned it to your account?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes I did. It works fine, if I check the button manually, I just cannot get it to be the default setting

What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Can you please send me an email to [email protected]?

Thank you,
Paul.