eN Client does often not download messages or attachments for very long time

eN Client often does not download messages or attachments for very long time. When I try to read a message, it often says that it will be downloaded next time when I connect to the server, but nothing happens for hours, even though I have a working online connection. Is there any solution? It is really annoying.
Also, it does not seem possible to use the format painter when creating emails. I tried to change starnge formats a couple of time by using this option, but it never works.

Hello, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? Are you using any security software on your computer, that may be blocking or closing the connection between the mail server and the client? If so, can you please try to disable the security temporarily and check if the issue persists?

What mail service are you using with eM client?

Regards,

I am using version 23181 and the slow speed to download not only attachments, but also messages is really terrible. It is faster with regards to my WFP account (Exchange), but for my hotmail account (IMAP) it is terrible. I sometimes have to restart eM Client a couple of times, because otherwise it keep saying that the message will be downloaded next time I am online, although I am connected continuously. If there is no fix for it, I actually might again have to look for another email client.

Hello,
are you getting any messages or errors in the Operations window when you encounter these problems? If so, screenshot them and also copy the contents of Log tab here.

Did you check for the security software and its possible interference with eM Client, as Paul suggested?

Best regards,
Olivia

I switched off the firewall but the problem continues. It takes ages for hotmail to synchronize. In fact it seems to get worse and now it takes routinely hours before my IMAP messages and attachments are being downloaded. I fear I have to switch again to another email client, because I need fast email access for my work.

Here the latest log:
17:56:24 Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
17:56:24 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
17:56:25 [email protected] [Offline Address Book]  Synchronizing folder list
17:56:29 [email protected] [Offline Address Book]  Synchronizing folder list
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…
17:56:31 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Synchronizing folder list
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailClient.Imap.FolderOpenException: Cannot open folder “[email protected]/Inbox/”. (Select Command is not permitted in current state (NotAuthenticatedServerError))
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.SelectFolder(Folder value, Boolean force)
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.FolderInfo.CreateConnectionContext()
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.SynchronizeMessagesCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading message part…: Done
17:56:31 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailClient.Imap.FolderOpenException: Cannot open folder “[email protected]/Inbox/”. (Select Command is not permitted in current state (NotAuthenticatedServerError))
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.SelectFolder(Folder value, Boolean force)
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.DownloadCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
17:56:31    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:56:31    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
17:56:32 [email protected] [Offline Address Book]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/WFP GAL/’
17:56:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:56:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Deleted
17:56:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:56:32 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Sent
17:56:33 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/’
17:56:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:56:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Drafts
17:56:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Junk
17:56:33 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Unwanted
17:56:34 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:56:34 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Inbox Old
17:56:34 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Archived
17:56:34 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Deleted/Draft
17:56:35 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Uploading item(s) to folder ‘[email protected]/AAA/THAI/’
17:56:35 [email protected] [Exchange Web Services]  Moving item(s) from folder ‘[email protected]/Drafts/’ to folder ‘[email protected]/Trash/’
17:56:35 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
17:56:35 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Deleted/POP
17:56:35 [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/Deleted/Suggested Contacts
17:56:35 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder [email protected]/Inbox
17:56:36 [email protected] [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done
17:56:36 [email protected] [IMAP]  MailClient.Imap.FolderOpenException: Cannot open folder “[email protected]/Inbox/”. (Select Command is not permitted in current state (NotAuthenticatedServerError))
17:56:36    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPoolEntry.SelectFolder(Folder value, Boolean force)
17:56:36    at MailClient.Imap.ConnectionPool.AcquireConnection(Folder mailFolder, Boolean idle, Boolean forStore)
17:56:36    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.PrefetchCommand.ExecuteInternal(WorkerStatus status)
17:56:36    at MailClient.Imap.Synchronizer.ImapCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
17:56:36    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Hello Ingo,
the Not Authenticated Server Error suggests that the issue might lie purely on the server side, in the end. Have you tried contacting hotmail/outlook support about this issue?

Best regards,
Olivia

Thank you for the reply, Olivia,
I have not contacted Hotmail about it, as they would probably tell me that the problem is caused by some eM technical features and I think if I need to go through such hassle with Hotmail, it is not worth it. I never had this problem with other email clients, which indicates that although there might be an issue at the server side, it might be caused by a process eM is using. So, does it mean this is an issue eM will not (be able to ) deal with? In that case I fear I have to look for a new email client again, which is a pity, because I liked that eM looks like outlook.

Cheers,

Ingo