Empty Contacts folder

I’ve just downloaded emClient version 9.2.2038 (c8b8173) FREE and I’m noticing that even though contacts have been imported and I’ve created 2 new ones, the contacts folder is empty while my contacts are visible when I go to Menu > Tools > Contacts.
I tried to follow the suggested solutions already in the FAQ but in the Menu I don’t have the option Menu > Tools > Settings > General ……
Please let me know how I can fix this problem

I’m noticing that even though contacts have been imported and I’ve created 2 new ones, the contacts folder is empty while my contacts are visible when I go to Menu > Tools > Contacts…

When you click the “Contacts icon” (at the bottom left of eM Client), is there any account contacts showing there ?

Also when you compose an email, if you “click on the word To”, does that open a window with your contacts ?

When I click the “Contacts icon” I can see my contacs

Also, when composing an email and I I click on “To”, this opens a window with my contacs

That is because they are in Local Folders, and you are not viewing the Local Folders.

That is for an old version of eM Client.

For versions 8 and 9, you can enable them by selecting Menu > Settings > General > General > Show Local Folders. Click on Save & Close to save the setting.

The option Menu>settings>General>General>Show Local Folders was/is already selected, however when I click Mail > Contacts the window is still empty,

I think there is some confusion here. First you said the contacts folder is empty. But then you said if you go to the contacts section, you can see your contacts, and you see them in other places as well like when composing a message.

, [quote=“Georgios, post:5, topic:91322”]
when I click Mail > Contacts
[/quote]

I am not sure what that is.

Can you give a screenshot?

Sorry If I was not very clear, here is a printscreen

That is a folder for messages that you have named Contacts. It is for storing email, not contacts.

Your contacts will be in the Contacts section of eM Client. Ctrl + 4.

1 Like

OK Gary, thanks a lot for making it clear and your support