'.EML' Attachments are not imported correctly using the .PST import-Function

Hi, it seems, ‘.EML’ Attachments are not imported correctly using the .PST import-Function.

I have a small example .PST-File ready. I created the .PST File 2 Times. Once in OL2010 and once in OL 2013. If i save the Email with the .EML-attachment to Disk and then drag it into emClient, everything works perfect. If i use the.PST-Import and want to open the Attachment, its empty and show up with a sender “[email protected]

If this works, i want to go Pro.

Thanks for your assistance.

Best Regards

Hi, sorry to see this, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

Can you also please make a screenshot of the issue to show how exactly is the message displayed after import and submit the screenshot to us here on the forum?

Does this occur to all imported messages or only messages with an attachment, or possibly in case when the message contains a digital signature or is encrypted?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your fast reply.

I have the  following version in use: 6.0.21372.0 (german)

How the message ist displayed in the main-window:

How the attachment is displayed:

It occurs only on imported messages with an .eml attachment.
If there are mutltiple attachments in a message, only the .EML-Message is invalid.

There is no encryption or signature in the mail.

Regards

Dominik

Hi again Dominik, sorry to see this, it looks like this really might be an application issue, do you think you could create some logging data by navigating to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable Import logging?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    Once the error reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul