emCliente downgrade

I need to know specifically the version I can install to downgrade from version 7 to version 6.
‘Restore from backup’ is not very helpful, much appreciate if your trying to help though. I need a solution based on eM clients downgrade path (if they have provided one) - not a solution for general computer usage. I have that covered, thanks. There are various reasons why I can’t ‘restore from backup’.

Here’s my problem currently. Which version specifically do I ‘downgrade’ to ? Do I need to uninstall the current version? Do I lose my email if I do that? Basic stuff that should be written for users when the company emails a link for you to Upgrade to version 7. I would have thought. Given it’s payed software.

I was able to uninstall version 7 and reinstall using the version 6 on the download page.

However during the install of version 7 I told the installer to not delete the version 6 data.

Something VERY WRONG: When an upgrade is offered, MUST GUARANTEE CUSTOMER to advise that “this new update WILL GENERATE COSTS”! Confirm that you are AWARE OF THIS!

What you are doing is INDUCING PEOPLE, YOUR CLIENTS to error! And this is, at the very least, INCORRECT!

I await SOLUTION Immediate!

There are 2 types of paid licenses.  – a lifetime license that allows you to upgrade to new versions (e.g., version 6.x to 7.x) and a version specific version (e.g., version 6 only).  This was disclosed at the time of license purchase.

That being said, you can downgrade by uninstalling version 7 and reinstalling version 6.  The upgrade does NOT delete your version 6 files, so when you reinstall you should be back to the same place you were when you upgraded.

If you are using POP3 and you do not leave a copy on the server, prior to the downgrade, export any emails you received after the upgrade to .eml files so you can import them after the downgrade.

Very well, sir. I understood what I already knew. Thank’s.
Likewise, something very important was not answered about what I said:

“…
Something VERY WRONG: When an upgrade is offered, MUST GUARANTEE CUSTOMER to advise that “this new update WILL GENERATE COSTS”! Confirm that you are AWARE OF THIS!
What you are doing is INDUCING PEOPLE, YOUR CLIENTS to error! And this is, at the very least, INCORRECT!
…”

Are you exactly who in relation to emClient?

I’m just a user, so I can’t really comment on your suggestion, other than this information was available when you purchased your license.  This forum is primarily a user forum for free license users, so you can’t count on getting a response from the Company itself.  As a pro user, you can enter a ticket and should get a response within 24 hours.

But, more importantly, you can downgrade, so no additional license costs required (although I do realize that upgrading/uninstalling/reinstalling is a pain!!!).

Grateful !

The “company” does not act here and does not respond to forum messages?

Yes, but it is inconsistent, so mostly it is user to user support.  But since you have a Pro license, simply use Pro support.