emClient will not read the data from a POP3 account

Hi, some days ago I had to install emClient in a new WIN8.1 environment. In the beginning all was correct. I could download the mails, with a rule I sorted out my mails and so on.  Today, I don’t no what I did, it is no longer possible to downlod the data from my POP3 account. The green download bar starts and beginn to get green but a few seconds later all stopped and the bar is gone. What can I d to get my mails on the computer again?? The IMAP account seems to working.

Hello, sorry to see this, what mail service are you using with eM Client? What version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact version number in Help > About?

Are you seeing any errors whenever you try to fetch new items from the server?

Regards,

Hi, I’m using WEB.de. This functioned now for about 1 year. My version of emClient is 6.0.22344.0 and there are no errors. It seems to me the program cant go into the internet.
Thanks a lot for Your Help.
Regards

Hello again, are you using any security software on your computer? If so, can you please try to temporarily disable the security elements and check if the issue persists? Some security software can be blocking the application’s ability to connect to the server, if any security elements are applied, make sure to setup an exception for eM Client or the Ports you’re using to connect to your mail server.

Regards,

Hello Paul,
I found my problem. Something was wrong with my accounts on WEB.DE. Do not aske me what, I don’t know.  After unistalling emClient with REVO Uninstaller and reinstallation and new input of the accounts all wil work well again.
Thanks for Your help and Your time.
Regards

Glad it works, please make sure to let us know if you come across any other issues or questions about the application, we’ll be happy to help.

Regards,