eMClient Stopped Working Today

I can no longer send email from my comcast account. I have deleted the account and re-established the account and all i get is an error message when I try to send and email.

Don’t know why it suddenly stopped working, but emClient is now useless to me. :weary: :rage: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Try stopping any anti-virus or VPN software.

Thanks for the suggestion; however, it still has the same problem. :frowning_face:

Can I assume that you have stopped eMC and restarted and have rebooted the computer?
Can I assume you have tried sending mail from Comcast/Xfinity web mail.

Have not rebooted. Can easily send from Comcast/Xfinity web mail and from my iPad Comcast mail account.

Did eMClient change. It will now not let me establish a POP3/SMTP account. I must use an IMAP account, which I prefer no to do.

Will you be re-booting?

What version of eMC are you running?

Don’t use the “automatic” set up… use the manual setup where you should be able to use POP3 instead of IMAP.

Thanks, but I am giving up and going to another client. This is too much trouble.
Thanks again.

Sounds like a plan…

domingo 24 octubre 2021 :: 1007hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @RegCurry

Changes are always being made.
You CAN still use POP though the default setting is for IMAP, to use POP do this:
Menu-> Accounts ->Add account ->Do NOT click Automatic but click Mail ->Other ->Enter Email address ->On next screen select POP ->Complete entries ->Encryption - make sure you make your preference correctlty as it cannot be edited and you will need to start again ->Remember to SAVE&CLOSE

That should be it if you have made all the entries correctly.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
emc_forum@compucall.com

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

The SMTP will not work. I suspect has something to do with XFINITY server ports and their offshore help can’t seem to provide that.

I went back to the auto setup for the IMAP account. It can receive email on the IMAP server; however, I cannot sent email because of the same error on SMTP.

The problem persists whether VPN is on or off and even after restart.!

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
Reg

Hmm, thought you gave up…

Have you tried totally disabling your anti-virus software?

Here is the error message I get.!

Display your SMTP settings, blacking out any security-related info.

Have you contacted Comcast/xfinity support?

Their help is offshore and they were unable to help. Here are the SMTP settings.

Try adding your complete comcast.net email address as user name

Nope. Problem persists.

You used: jr.curry@comcast.net ???

Same error message…?

yes. Same error. I really appreciate all your help; however, I am removing eMClient and going to Thunderbird.
Thanks again,
Reg

For some reason eMClient is now working. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Then I let it create my account and settings from an old Outlook 2003 pst file. It automatically chose the IMAP and SMTP settings and started working. Go figure. :face_with_monocle: :man_shrugging: