emclient running offline

emclient running offline. Said it had been trying to reach licensing,emclient.com for 14 days. I can reach that URL with my web browser (Firefox). How do I get back online?

Had faced same problem, Then, I tried to reinstall the key and it said max 3 reached. had to then get into the license server control panel, deactivate and reactivate.

Thank you. Deactivating and reactivating solved the problem.

Hi, are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect to the server? If so, please try to temporarily disable any firewall/proxy software on your computer, that may have caused this and check if the issue persists.

Thank you,
Paul

Paul,

Their is no problem with security software. This is from my understanding to do with the way the hardware guid is used to authenticate. Because I tried to access the site using antivirus on and off, and it can connect to the site. In my case I had to temporarily move my HDD to a new machine and thats how the error happened.

Regards,
Dhawal Vor

That may be the case on your computer, of course eM client licenses are referenced to your HW GUID, but unless Bill has moved his hard drive to another computer as well, security software may be causing this issue.

Thank you,
Paul

Software has been on same computer since installation 2 yrs ago.  Emclient running fine ever since reactivated.  If security software caused the problem, it is allowing it to function now, so I can see no benefit to switching the security software on and off at this time.  Should another occurrence come about, then that test would be of benefit.

Paul,

Adding to my previous comment please note that my HDD was moved only two days before I got the problem.

Further if GUID authentication was the problem the n the error should be " crossed license limits" to that effect. Not can’t connect to server.

On my other PC where HDD wasn’t moved also I started getting the same error where no hardware changes were made.

I have encountered this same exact problem (Firefox, Windows 7).  I received the message it was running offline.  I deactivated and reactivated it.  I requested and put in a new free license key, and I shut off my security software for a brief time to try and get it to send/receive.  Rebooting does not seem to have any effect either.  So far nothing has worked.  There have been no software changes/updates to the computer.  EmClient is the only application that does not appear to be working/communicating.   Any suggestions?  If I uninstall and re-install, what files would I have to save elsewhere to keep my mail folders/calendar/etc?

Hello, what mail service are you using with eM Client? Are you seeing an error about being offline intermittently or is the application offline constantly since this happened? What release of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

Can you please make a screenshot of the issue/error and submit it to us here on the forum? Are you using any security software on your computer?

Regards,

I am using gmail with eM Client.  I received one error on my computer from eM Client that it was setting the client offline and haven’t seen it since.  The mail portion is offline constantly.  The Calendar and Contacts appear to be able to communicate because I made changes to both and the changes in eM Client showed up on my phone within a few minutes of the changes being made in the client.  I can see the mail in the web gmail on my computer and it shows up on my phone. 

I am running version 6.0.22344.0  I already tried to get it to update and it indicated i have the latest version.  I am running Verizon’s Security Suite (McAfee).  As I stated above, I turned the firewall off for a brief period and tried to get it to send/receive and it showed the circle indicating it was trying and that just went away with no message.  There is nothing to make a screen shot of.  It has not popped up any error messages or boxes or anything since the one message that it was going offline. 

Hello, eM Client’s license is activated using your HW GUID, but if you reactivate using your original license key, you should be able to use the application properly again. If however you’re being unsigned intermittently, please send me your licensing details to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic and I can try to deactivate your activation allowing you to re-activate using the new HW GUID.

Regards,