eMclient not working after "Windows Repair" virus removal

I have just repaired most the damage from a vicious program called “Windows Repair”, that masquerades as an online repair facility. I have eMclient, free installed on XP SP2. Now that I’ve cleaned out the virus, eMclient fails to start. It gives an error message, and terminates
the process. This the first part of a long error log:

eM Client (3.0.9543.0)
Windows: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2, Framework: 2.0.50727.3053
The following error has occurred:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ‘C:\Documents and Settings\fred\Application Data\eM Client\settings.xml’ is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter…ctor(String filename, Encoding encoding)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Save(String filename)
at MailClient.XmlSettings.SetValue(String key, String value)
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)

Can you help please, Thanks.

I got a start on this fix… But, i will continue to ork on the issue. If you goto the C:\Documents and Settings"user name"\Application Data\eM Client
folder the issues is with one of the files there the antivirus software must have seen as something in there as a virus and removed it… if you compare those files with another computer maybe you’ll the issue good luck and ill post anything is i can find the issue