emClient/MAPI/Windows 10

I’m having problems sending emails via emClient using the MAPI interface on Windows 10.  I’ve enabled the .NET Framework 2.0 as suggested elsewhere, but it doesn’t appear to make any difference.  It’s also worth noting that even though emClient is set as the default email application in W10 default applications, emClient still reports it’s not the default application - could this be connected to the issue?

my email won’t open , keeps saying checking for data and all these errrors are popping up ,something with pop 3 getting frustrated and all my saved folders didnt’ come over when I updated

its terrible

You have to enable .NET Framework 3.5 in features

In my default apps it shows em client as default, but often when I click on a link in an email it pops up in the Win 10 mail program.  I wish I could figure out how to delete the Windows Mail completely.  It is awful and I will never use it.  

It is; don’t forget in Win10, 2.0 (and 3.0) is part of 3.5.
and FWIW, 4.6 is also enabled.

OK. Sussed.

Setting emClient as the default from the ‘Choose default applications’ screen is not enough.  You need to scroll to the bottom of that page and select ‘Set defaults by app’.  That takes you to the Control Panel default programs - where you will note that emClient only has (probably) 1 of 7 possible defaults. Select ‘Set this program as default’ and everything then works as you’d expect.  It’s nothing to do with the .NET (but granted that make be connected), but everything to do with the way Microsoft have split the defaults … the new Win 10 defaults page isn’t the whole story.