emClient interface

Is it REALLY NECESSARY for the page sliders to be so “stylishly” skinny? It is actually work to scan longer pages - which is not a problem with any other Windows program I use. Yep, I’m a geezer, but I am also a customer who cannot fathom why the sliders are so skinny and difficult to connect the mouse to.

You can select a different Theme, that has wider scroll bars.
To do that go to Menu > Settings > Appearance > Themes, and select another Theme.

You can also use eM Client’s Theme Editor and make the scrollbar in the Modern Theme wider.

sábado 21 agosto 2021 :: 1336hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @davcbr

Before you start to edit anything make a backup of the file in case you want to change things back, or make a mess of things!

As @Gary says you can use the Theme Editor

However, you can also edit the the Theme XML file in a suitable text editor if you don’t want to or can’t manage the Theme Editor. (personally I prefer this)

To do this:
Menu ->Settings ->Appearance ->Themes ->Highlight the Theme you are using ->Advanced ->Save current theme as ->Save it on desktop
When you have edited the Theme as shown below:
Menu ->Settings ->Appearance ->Themes ->Import ->Locate edited file ->Apply ->OK

The below is the area you will need to edit in the theme, you need to change False (as shown) to True
You can also change colors if you know what you are doing and understand the color codes.

Scrollbar
UseSystemScrollbar description=“Use system scrollbars with no automatic hiding”>False</UseSystemScrollbar
ScrollbarThumb description=“Color of a scrollbar thumb”>#808080</ScrollbarThumb
ScrollbarThumbHover description=“Color of a scrollbar thumb when the mouse is over”>#737373</ScrollbarThumbHover

Any problems email me

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]

1 Like

Thanx to both of you; very helpful. My geezer side was out there, and I apologize for being a “little” bitchy.

sábado 21 agosto 2021 :: 1718hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @davcbr

Thanks for your message they are always welcome!
I can assure there was no offence taken:
For my part I would have let you know in no uncertain terms if I thought you were being ‘little or big bitchy’ - I do not work for eMC so my hands are not tied unlike employees who have to be diplomatic.

Thanks again - I hope you were able to resolve the issue.

¡Saludos desde la soleada España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat

[email protected]