Emclient got shutdown now an error occurs while trying to start it

Hey,
i have a huge problem with my Em-Client programm my laptop run out of energey while i was still working on it. After i restarted my Laptop the Em client doesn´t seem to work anymore. When trying to start it, it says the data integrity got lost , he will start repairing it now. So after the repairing process which took 2-3h it tries to start the Em-Client but crashes again and the same process occurs again with trying to repair it. I didnt save my E-mails and can´t find away to save them without starting Em-Client(which doesnt work). Any help or tip would be appreciated.
kind regards,
kasu

Are you using IMAP or POP3?

Hey,
im using IMAP
kind regards

As you have an IMAP account, you can either then “remove your account and re-add” which will then automatically bring back all your mail etc from your mail server

Or alternatively try doing an eM Client restore of a recent backup via “Menu / File / Restore” if you have been doing automatic or manually backups in EMC.

Note:- Regular eM Client backups are the best way to go when computer issues happen. Make sure to also copy those backup.zip files with your other documents to an external drive or cloud drive.

I see that @cyberzork jumped in with some suggestions and advice. Rather than add any confusion I will await your response to his suggestions.

Ty for the tips i found my local data, i reinstalled a new version of em Client (on an new windows 11 Laptop)added my old local data into it. After the Database check it start Em client but crashe after 2 seconds with an Error. In that 2 sec i could see all my old E-mails now i need it not to crash anymore . I tried installing the lastest and afterwards the second latest Em Client, but have the same problem. I tried
compatibility problem and choose Windows 8 .

Normally I agree with @cyberzork, but this time he is totally wrong. The backups should go to an external drive AND cloud drive. :wink:

@steveshank

but this time he is totally wrong. The backups should go to an external drive AND cloud drive

What are you talking about. I wrote “to also copy those backups.zip files to an external drive or cloud drive” (which is for emergency if something happens to your computer files like a hard disk crash).

Sorry, I thought the bold AND made it clear. I objected to the word OR.

I want people to backup to the local drive like you do. Then backup to an external drive. Then also backup to the cloud. I want 3 copies, local backup in documents, external backup copy, and cloud backup copy.

Now, if they’d just do what you want, they’d only prevent 99.9% of their problems. I want more.

@steveshank

I want 3 copies, local backup in documents, external backup copy, and cloud backup copy.

Ok Good point :+1:

@kasu

added my old local data into it. After the Database check it start Em client but crashe after 2 seconds with an Error

Sounds like your Local eM Client mail data you found also has an issue and is corrupted somewhere, like when your laptop ran out of power.

I would still advise firstly as mentioned above, (as you have an IMAP account) remove your account from eM Client and re-add as new account. This will create a new mail database and download all your mail etc from your server (as it was before) and should then work fine.

Ps You would normally have to use compatibility problem and choose Windows 8. I believe the latest version of eM Client V8.2.1659 works ok with Windows 11 now.

i did do that but it doesnt recover all my Emails, have mutliple email accounts and for some reason they are not full restored ( the most important ones arent). i have logs for the crashed old data Emails should i post them here?

Hey do you mean by removing the Email account removing it from the programm or the Homepage?

@kasu

Hey do you mean by removing the Email account

I mean “remove all the accounts from eM Client” and re-add the IMAP accounts as new again. eM Client will then “mirror the same mail” as what you see in your web browser online.

Note: When you do that each account email “can take time to show / update” in eM Client depending on how much email and folder / labels you have on your various IMAP acct mail servers.