emclient for hotmail account won't sync

I just started using emclient yesterday. It worked fine with two yahoo accounts I have.

But, when I try to get it working with my wife’s hotmail account, I have problems. 

All of her mail folders were created and calendar entries from the web client are there. 

But, all of the mail folders are empty. 

Hello Ed, are this data available on the remote server using your Hotmail? Note eM Client is using the AirSync protocol to synchronise your data with the hotmail server, AirSync is a single protocol that synchronises both the email and calendar data, so if either has been synchronised the application is communicating with the server.

Make sure the missing data is available on the server, and if the issue persists, please check the exact release number go your eM Client in Help > About for more information.

Regards,

Hi Paul, thanks for responding so quickly.
I guess I’m pretty ignorant on a couple of things here.
How would I check if data is on “the server”. I’m not sure what that means. Is the server a URL link or something I can look at?
All of the email content is viewable from the web based interface. 
Is there something else I could check?

Hi again Paul,
I think I see a glimmer of hope on configuring things correctly. 
The ‘other’ tab in account creation looks like it has the entry boxes for the information on IMAP and POP3 servers. 
I saw many references to this on my google searches last night when trying to figure out my problem.
I’d still welcome any suggestions from you though. 

If the messages are visible in the webmail, that means the messages are on the server as with webmail you’re directly accessing the server.

Please make sure no security applications are blocking the connection between the client and the server, if the issue persists while security is disabled, please enable AirSync logging in Tools > Settings > Advanced and repair one of your email folders (e.g. the Inbox), to repair the folder, right click the folder in the left pane and select Properties > Repair and click on the “Repair” button, this essentially forces a folder re-sync.

If the issue persists, please restart the application and navigate back to the advanced settings window to submit the logs. Submit the logging data to my work mail, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Regards,

You can setup your account using this option as IMAP/POP however note that eM Client currently sets up an AirSync account by default in order to allow calendar/contacts synchronisation with the server, unfortunately this is not possible while using IMAP or POP for incoming mail as the account does not support standard CalDAV/CardDAV sync.

We’re however working on improving this in future releases.

Regards,

Will do, Paul
I probably won’t be able to get back to you until the end of the day. 
Thanks