eMClient Fails When Opening or Sending Attachments

We have had consistent issues with eMClient associated with attachments. Opening an attachment or trying to add a file to a new email will cause an immediate crash and reset of eMClient. Pictures, PDF, Word, Excel, PPT all experience the same issue, its not tied to just one file type. After the crash and reset we have success for a short period of time and then the issue will recur. And this does not seem like a file size issue, simple tax form PDFs or home budget spreadsheets fail. We have to use a gmail account on the web to send large file.

Any help will be appreciated, this was a nice upgrade from our previous email and I do not want to change again.

Thanks

I can’t help you, but others might have a better chance if you include your emclient version number and your Operating system and version. Also, if you attach a file, how do you do it? - Drag and drop or using the paperclip icon? If you crash on open, exactly what are you doing? Could you even make an innocuous one and upload? Do these files open properly simply from file explorer?

1 Like

Thanks for the questions, here is the best response if I understood what you asked:

eMClient version number: 8.2.1659 (845a639)

Operating system and version: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Attaching a file: Files attached using the “paperclip” icon within the email; have not tried drag and drop

Opening a file attachment sent to me: I have tried both straight “double click” to open or a “right click” open attachment or save as with mixed success

On the question from file explorer, if you mean do they open without issue outside eMClient then yes. All files have opened without issue stand alone in file explorer or the primary software (Excel, Word, etc…)

We have had consistent issues with eMClient associated with attachments. Opening an attachment or trying to add a file to a new email will cause an immediate crash and reset of eMClient. Pictures, PDF, Word, Excel, PPT all experience the same issue, its not tied to just one file type.

Do you run any other optional eg: Antivirus scanning program, Firewall / Security programs, VPNs etc “other than the default OS stuff” ?

If you do try disabling those completely to test if any of those are interfering with eM Client attaching files as is very strange this is happening with that version of the program.

Failing that, try uninstalling eM Client 8.2.1659 and don’t delete the database when asked on uninstall. Then re-download from the version history page (the same or later version) of eM Client and reinstall and see if that fixes the issue.

eM Client also now has V9 officially released as well which you can also upgrade to if you choose to try that.

Note:- Make a backup first before doing any of the above in eM Client via “Menu / Backup”.

Thanks, we run Norton antivirus and I did not think to disable it and test. I’ll try that first then look at your other suggestions. Appreciate the ideas

am having same issue - emails with attachment not sending via Office 365 email address.

Version number: 8.2.1687 (bf522f0)

Operation system: MacOS 12.2.1

Can send same document via gmail account through eM Client - so probably not issue with firewalls, etc located on computer?