EmClient editing my mail

When I am typing an email I often find the words are being moved around or an editing box is displayed in the middle of my writing which I find infuriating. I can write English well and type quickly - is that a problem for them?

Do you have any spell-check/grammar apps installed, other than the eMC spell checker?

if not, if you are using IMAP, try removing your account and re-adding the account.

If not running current version, try upgrading to the current version from HERE

No I do not have any spell checker apps that I know of. Have just installed latest version so will see what happens next. Thanks.

This option should still be pursued…

lunes 18 octubre 2021 :: 1914hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @MellyB

I do not understand part of your post, please can you explain.

“I can write English well and type quickly - is that a problem for them?”

Who are them?

I can also type quickly and frequently use Spanish, Portuguese, German and English.

I do not have any of your issues.

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla en España!
¡Mis mejores deseos y mantente a salvo!

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I assumed them = emClient :slightly_smiling_face:

lunes 18 octubre 2021 :: 1955hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @Sunriseal

I have learnt it is never a good idea to make assumptions.

“I can write English well and type quickly - is that a problem for them?”

Who are them?

I assumed them = emClient

I wondered if this is a reference to a foreign language translation - eMC is based in Prague.

Skybat
[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

I’ll go with MY assumptions until such time as a clarification rears its ugly head… far too many people asking for help with zero information.
I retired my crystal ball years ago which was never worth a damn to start with.

when I hear problems like this, the most common issue is a laptop computer with built-in keyboard and active touchpad getting hit accidentally as you type.

By the way, what is an “editing box”?

martes 19 octubre 2021 :: 1334hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @steveshank

Your comment about unintentional laptop keypad use.
Several years ago we had a support issue that went on for weeks before it was resolved, everything was tried to resolve the issue of odd characters appearing on the monitor screen, (it was a desktop not a laptop) including swapping out and replacing all the software and particular kit.
Eventually I was asked to visit site and sit with the young lady and watch exactly how she was working, nothing after 3 days observation. Then on Friday at the end of her shift for the week all was revealed.
Above he workstation was a shelf on which she kept a number of ledgers that she could reach by leaning forward and stretching up.
I should have mentioned that she was very well endowed, as she stretched up to reach the ledgers her large protrusions pressed on the keyboard - problem solved

Skybat
[email protected]