emClient crashes when inserting PDF

I’m getting pretty tired of this, which is why I’m writing it here.
When inserting a PDF into an attachment, emClient “crashes”.
On the second or third time, it manages to send.
Likewise, if it manages to insert without crashing, it crashes when checked (opened), the second/third time it will succeed.
I’ll probably reinstall, computer, so I’ll see if it’s for the better. With windows you can’t be sure of anything;-).

Jirka

inserting a PDF into an attachment

So you are eg: dragging and dropping a pdf onto an existing attachment which (has already been attached) to eM Client ?

Also is the existing eM Client attachment a pdf file or some other file type ?

Can you explain this a bit more in detail including any screenshot examples if you can as well, so we can then try and replicate it.

Lastly what version of eM Client do you have and are you using Windows or Mac.

besides @cyberzork’s questions, how big is the pdf file?

Do you have any issue attaching a single pdf file? Do you drag and drop, or, as I do, click the paperclip icon and just go find the pdf file. Is the pdf file on your computer or somewhere else?

If you really are adding a 2nd attachment, how do you do it, drag and drop or click the icon and get it?

If you are not adding a 2nd file, but truly inserting one file into another file, why don’t you do that and then attach the file.

I have a feeling we just are not communicating very well.

1 Like

jueves 06 enero 2022 :: 1005hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sokrakes

Do you have the Apps that you want to open/view the various file types set as default in Windows 10?

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde la soleada Sevilla España!

Skybat
emc_forum@compucall.com

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Yes the apps are set as default, I tried changing that too.
However, this should not affect the connection to the email file.
When opening the attached file, the file opens in the app, emClint crashes/collapses.
I’ve already stated that it may not be emClint’s fault, but Windows10’s, or something else is “kicking in”.

jueves 06 enero 2022 :: 1552hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sokrakes

Your crashing issue…

What happens if instead of immediately opening a file you ‘Save as’,
to perhaps the desktop and open from there?
This is more or less what I do before I move files to wherever.

Skybat
emc_forum@compucall.com

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

jueves 06 enero 2022 :: 1800hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sokrakes

I have been unable to replicate the issue, also there is contradiction in what you say,
as you have stated that:
Most recent post…
1./ There is no problem with incoming
2./ It only crashes when sending with attachments

Earlier post…
3./ When inserting a PDF into an attachment, emClient “crashes”.
4./ Now it didn’t crash when attaching the PDF, only when opening it

There is also the issue of terminology and you say completely different things in different posts…
You say, insert into, paste, use paperclip -
Which process are actually using?

Original post…
I’m getting pretty tired of this, which is why I’m writing it here.
When inserting a PDF into an attachment, emClient “crashes”.
On the second or third time, it manages to send.
Likewise, if it manages to insert without crashing, it crashes when checked (opened), the second/third time it will succeed.
I’ll probably reinstall, computer, so I’ll see if it’s for the better. With windows you can’t be sure of anything.

Where on your computer are the files you are attempting send stored?

Finally, I am sorry that unless can give a single coherent account of what you are doing and what is happening I can not do any more to help you.

Plus you must also accept that there is the possibility it is NOT Windows or eMC that is causing the issue BUT your actions.

Skybat
emc_forum@compucall.com

I translate using a translator, there may be inaccuracies in the translation.
You saw in the first post (email) the attached video, there is everything, loading and crashing emClient.

About what you write

Most recent post…
1./ There is no problem with incoming
Nowhere did I say that it was crashes in incoming emails,

2./ It only crashes when sending with attachments
Crashes when attaching *.pdf, *.doc, etc. files., it hasn’t collapsed for bitmaps.
It crashes the first time the file is mounted. When I start emClient again, I open “unzipped” and reinsert the same file. I send it without a problem.
If I want to check it by opening the emClient attachment, it crashes.

Earlier post…
3./ When inserting a PDF into an attachment, emClient “crashes”.
OK - no comments

4./ Now it didn’t crash when attaching the PDF, only when opening it
full note
It is a matter of attaching an attachment via a “paperclip”. Now it didn’t crash when attaching the PDF, only when opening it (which is probably when repeatedly, the same file)

I don’t see the contradiction here either, when “read” in context, this is what I write above.
The first time the attachment is loaded it crashes, after starting emClient again, loading the same file it goes and send. If I open that attachment in emClient, emClint crashes, attachment opens(pdf, doc, xls) .

The expression insert and attach using a paperclip is the same, isn’t it?

On the computer, the files are stored on the I: SSD, it’s not loaded from the desktop, that can be a problem.
It behaves the same from other drives.

There is nothing more coherent, there is nothing to describe.
The answer in the email to “Cyberzork” with the vid should have been enough.
The more I break it down, the more confusing it gets, even with the translator.
If I knew, I wouldn’t write anything.
It wasn’t written externally as a “help”, but to see if someone else found it too and as an interesting bug.

As for the comment that it is my activity that is causing this and not Windows or emClient.
I don’t know what I could be causing, I’m not a beginner/layman. It’s possible that maybe another cause, but I wouldn’t defend Windows too much.
I’m also posting a video so you can see what I’m doing wrong;-)
video-crash

jueves 06 enero 2022 :: 2153hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hi @sokrakes

I am sorry I can not help you any more because:

1./ I do not have the time or inclination to try to make sense of what you are attempting to say, perhaps this is because of your use of a translator
2./ As you say you speak Czech I suggest you use VIP Support as someone in Prague will be able understand
3./ This is the first time that I notice you have given a link for a Video
4./ Unfortunately there is nothing that will persuade me to access this file on Google Drive
5./ With respect to you it could be anything, even a Virus or Malware.

Hodně štěstí!
or
Удачи! - на русском, на котором я говорю

Skybat
emc_forum@compucall.com

Yes as @skybat says is difficult to know whats going on there and probably best to get VIP support.

@sokrakes If you still have a (paid version) of eM Client as you mentioned near the top eg:- “emClient 8 (it crashed on version 7 too), paid version” I would submit a Support ticket via eM Client Pro VIP support page. https://support.emclient.com/

1 Like