EMClient 7 showing SPAM emails on imap account shared with macOS Sierra

Hi all,

I’m using the same IMAP account on a Macbook with macOS Sierra with the native Email client and in parallel on a Windows 10 PC with EMClient 7.

The macOS Sierra email client has a built in SPAM filter, which seem to mark SPAM emails in IMAP “marked-as-deleted”, but leaving them in the inbox. On macOS and also on iOS email clients, the emails are not shown. On EMClient these emails are shown and cannot even be deleted. When doing an IMAP “compact folder”, the emails are gone.

Is there any option I can set in EMClient to not show these IMAP “marked-as-deleted” emails?

Thanks!
Stefan

Hello Stefan,
SPAM messages should be removed from Inbox and moved to a SPAM/Junk folder, that’s what eM Client does and most mail servers as well.
Can I ask how the messages are viewed on your server? Are they in your INBOX unmarked/marked as SPAM somehow?
What mail account does this happen with? Is this an iCloud mail account only?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia,

thank you for your immediate offer to help. Yes, when I check with the same account by webmail these emails are in the inbox and the are marked as SPAM. Additionally they have the IMAP flag “marked-as-deleted”. On the Webmail, I can explicitely select, if I want to have these  “marked-as-deleted” files shown or not. This option I’m looking for also in EMclient.

Best regards,
Stefan

Hello Stefan,
What mail account does this happen with? Who si the mail provider for this account?

Regards,
Olivia

The imap account is from www.ovh.com.

Hello Stefan,
please go to Menu>Tools>Settings>Advanced section and enable IMAP logging for this account.
Restart eM Client.
Resynchronize your Inbox (right-click>Repair, run Repair)
When the synchronization finishes, go to Advanced section again, click Send logs, change the recipient to rust@emclient.com and add a link to this forum thread.

Regards,
Olivia