emclient 7 not receiving but will send

A friend has bought a new Windows 10 laptop and I have installed emclient v7 on it rather than use Microsoft’s Mail app.
I initially set up her account using the automatic option, which selected an IMAP type account. SMTP worked fine but IMAP couldn’t connect to the server even though it is there (it pinged successfully). The IMAP settings are as per the ISP requirements.
I then deleted the account and created a new one using POP3 with the same result.
I am using the same settings POP3 as on her old laptop client (Windows Live mail), which works fine and can send and receive mail.
The connection error is:
 “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
I note on her old mail client that the server timeout is a minute. I wonder if this could be a timeout problem. Is there any way that the timeout can be extended?
I haven’t tried disabling AVG yet but I have made sure that the Windows Firewall has emclient in its OK list, so that shouldn’t be a problem.
Regards
Peter
PS couldn’t get the forum to work on Firefox, when I signed in it was waiting forever for the forum to respond. Also, none of the pretty icons showed up.

I would disable AVG and test. Sounds like classic anti-virus interference. And no, the timeout cannot be extended.

I was about to try disabling AVG but it updated itself and the problem went away. So AVG seems to have been the culprit. Thanks.