emclient 7 calendar crashes every time I open it

Every time I open emclient 7 calendar it crashes. This is what I see when I show the problem details.

Problem signature:  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: MailClient.exe
  Application Version: 7.0.27943.0
  Application Timestamp: 580a2fec
  Fault Module Name: clr.dll
  Fault Module Version: 4.6.1076.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 56d7a0ff
  Exception Code: c00000fd
  Exception Offset: 000dfb41
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID: 2057
  Additional Information 1: 158b
  Additional Information 2: 158b247db1b26bf91a7f01e13d6e1c06
  Additional Information 3: e404
  Additional Information 4: e404bf638733e101ca18fb8c6e6121eb

Although I inadvertently upgraded from version 6 to version 7, I have been able to use the calendar without an apparent problem for several weeks until it started to crash today for no apparent reason. I can’t remember doing anything to cause the problem when the first crash occurred. On closing the app it goes through all the checks and allows me to open up the mail, send and receive email, open contacts and open tasks without a problem. The app only crashes when I open calendar.

I can see a reminders popup so my calendar data appears to be still there.

Does anyone know what I can try doing which will allow my calendar to open? 

Hello David,
this is a Windows crash report.
When this happens again I will need you to create memory dump files.
After this crash go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and run Taskmgr.exe
Right click and create dump files.

Send those files and a link to this forum thread in a message to me at [email protected]

Regards,
Olivia

Hello Olivia,

There are 2 mailclient.exe processes and the dump files for both these processes total between 500MB and 1GB.

Are you sure you want me to do this?

Regards,

David.

Hi,

Here is some more background.

I now see 2 mailclient.exe processes in task manager when I open emclient. On the day opening the calendar started to cause emclient to crash I saw a popup asking me whether I wanted to delete Version 6 files. That popup gave me 3 options. Yes, No and another. I chose another. I cant remember what that other option said. I interpreted it to mean that on selecting it deletion of version 6 files would be delayed.

Regards,

David.

Hello David,
the last option will remind you in 2 weeks again if you wish to delete the data.
You can also delete them at any time in Menu>Tools>Settings>General>Storage section.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi,

Thanks but not knowing what the last option did was not the problem. The problem is I cannot view entries in my calendar without causing emclient to crash. This happens as soon as I click on the calendar option in the left hand menu. I want to resolve that.

You instructed me to email to you dump files. I have created these dump files but I see that they exceed 500 mBytes in size.

Rather than do this I was hoping that my observation that I am seeing 2 mailclient.exe processes in task manager rather than 1 may have pointed to the problem.

If not, do you still want me to email these 2 very large dump files to you?

Regards,

David.