emClient 6.0.24928.0 -> 2 minutes after starting emClient, each mouse click takes 5 - 10 seconds to work

We got a problem with one emClient 6.0.24928.0 together with IMAP / CalDAV / CardDAV based Kolab Server. All other emClients in company working normal. Only one starting problems. I tried to migrate the data from our Linux Kolab Server to Exchange 2011 server what we migrate to. We got the information, that emClient uses X-Attributes in the CalDAV / CardDAV connection what is Microsoft specific and not neutral standard. This led to such huge problems, that we gave up our neutral open source Kolab Server to change over to the proprietary Exchange Server. The Kolab supporter said, they will not change the neutral defintion because emClient not uses neutral standard attributes. One of this actual problem is, that very often (after each new start of emClient for example at once) the popup message “upload of elements failed” / Upload later / Skip Upload / delete element appears. Checkbox above the buttons tell “remember for all following questions”. So, we check it and tell “upload later”. But this is not the main problem what I have now. To migrate, I added an Exchange account togehter with the existing IMAP / DAV Accounts of the Kolab and copied the content over from old Kolab to the new Exchange. Although it was quite fast, in background the copying process seams to go forward endless. Still in the morning, the emClient was nearly not useable when clicking anything. So, I needed to cancel the Exchange account in emClient and thought, that now working normal again. But it doesn’t anymore. Altough there are only the IMAP and DAV Connection to the Kolab Server anymore, it is still like hanging. After I start emClient, it takes nearly exactly 2 minutes, and than “hanging of program starting”. Means not complete hanging, but each mouseclick will take about 5 - 10 seconds to work. Also menu bar extremly slow and only reacts in 5 - 10 minutes. I close emClient, start again and then I have exactly 2 minutes to work normal and that again hanging. In the settings I took out sync each X minutes and sync after start etc. but this doesn’t matter. Always after 2 minutes the emClient start hanging. All other emClients in company working fine. So it is not a problem of the server, it is a problem of the emClient. Now, you would suggest me to just delete the links to the server in the account and add new again, sync new again etc. But this is not a good idea because of the issue I mentioned above. Because emClient not supports neutral X-attributes the sync process to server is “not sure”. It means, that there are LOCAL ENTRIES on computer / iPhone / iPad that was not uploaded. So, I fear now, that it will delete all that “local still not synced entries” if I delete the both Kolab Server account links and rebuild them from scratch. One of my ideas now, is to AGAIN take over all the entries to the exchange server account. Then check if everything is over. If not, it is a not synced entry what I need to take over manually. The user is in holliday and this is the good side of that messy situation of always hanging emClient. So I will have time for rebuilding. But I still not know, if can solve the problem only by deleting one file that still means it needs sync from the old connections. Also I checked if offline sync is checked in the IMAP account info. It is not! But maybe need to mention, that the user have very much e-Mails and calendar entries.

I solved the problem. I exported all entries and then deleted the accounts and rebuild it from the scratch from the Kolab Server. But anyway, we probably give up emClient after using it about 5 years in our company. Return to Outlook. Although the price of the Outlook / Exchange System will be much much higher. And altough the users are happy about emClient. They like it more than Outlook. But we NOT got the X-Attribute problem of emClient solved. As the support of Kolab told us, emClient uses Microsoft specific x-attributes in the Cal/CardDAV protocol and they will not change it in their server because they understand their server as standard neutral and not proprietary. For us as the end client, it doesn’t matter. But for us this both elements (Clients and Server) fight against eachother in that point and parts of the address and calendar are destroyed again and again. The upload of elements itself then starting the next problem. And pops up again and again. So, for us, once a time it is the end. So, emClient is nice, but we was looking for an Outlook like groupware client what is NOT Microsoft bound. But as we saw with the Cal/CardDAV protocol, it is an illusion. Everywhere Microsoft inside, everywhere NSA inside …