eMC closing on its own

Wish I would have read this forum before upgrading to version 9. Version 8 worked perfectly for me. I just upgraded yesterday. While going through messages I clicked on the next one and the program just disappeared, I reopened and it was fine, but fearing something in that message, I just deleted it without opening it. Just now I had a very lengthy message typed out and clicked on insert image, and again the program disappeared. It reopened okay, and thankfully saved a draft, which I had to copy and paste in a new message and of course didn’t use insert image, instead I copied the image from folder and pasted. Has anyone else had the program just disappearing on them?

I just upgraded yesterday. While going through messages I clicked on the next one and the program just disappeared

Sounds like the update just hasn’t worked properly 100% somewhere for you as that’s not a known issue in V9

Backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” and then once backed up, uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database” when asked on uninstall.

Then re-download V9 from the version history page below and reinstall & reboot your computer.

(eM Client version history page)
https://www.emclient.com/release-history

Thank you. I haven’t done your suggestion yet, as it hasn’t mysteriously disappeared since writing my message. The program is on my old computer, I need to do research and find how to bundle up eM and put it on my new computer. I shall save this reply in case it does that again. Thank you for your very fast reply.

1 Like

I need to do research and find how to bundle up eM and put it on my new computer

If you have a Windows PC and want to transfer eM Client to a new computer, see this eM Client support link below.

You are just basically copying the backup.zip file you create “to the same location” on your new PC and then restoring that backup.zip file which has the all the same settings as your old Pc.

You can see the exact location when the backup zip file goes to via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup”.

“How to move my eM Client data to a new computer?”.

https://support.emclient.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/91/0/how-to-move-my-data-to-a-new-computer