Emails taking a while to sync on startup

I’m brand new to eM Client and so far loving it. I only have a minor problem so far. Whenever I start the program for the first time when I turn on my computer, it takes a little while to sync emails. To clarify, the program itself runs smoothly, it’s not hanging or freezing, and everything seems fine. I also have sync settings to sync items at startup and to sync every minute, but it takes two or three minutes every time. So even if I know I have emails I just end up waiting a bit for it to finally load, and I’m not sure if there’s a problem or if I’m missing another setting somewhere.

Thanks!

Hi Kay,

I’d recommend settings eM Client to sync each 10 minutes - this won’t affect the mail receiving and it should fix the loading problem.

Russel

Thanks for the response! I just tested this out and it doesn’t seem to have done anything. It’s been sitting here for about five minutes saying “Never synced” at the bottom, even when I try to refresh manually. If I wait long enough it finally does, but otherwise no luck. :frowning:

Is there anything else I can try? I did what you suggested, and also what other threads suggested: reinstalling, deleting the AppData folder, removing and re-adding the accounts, and disabling conversations, and nothing has seemed to affect this at all. :frowning:

How fast is your internet connection?

110 down 10 up. If it’s any help, I was previously using Thunderbird, and that loaded instantaneously on startup.

I have a similar connection and it takes approx. 5 seconds to sync (5 email accounts).  Who is your provider and what protocol are you using (e.g., IMAP, EWS)?

I’m using email through my domain, so I’m not 100% sure what that is. It usually auto configures/connects pretty nicely.