Emails take an unusually long time before they open

When I open eM Client and emails download (using POP), the first one I click on takes an extremely long time to load. Once it does, the others will load fast when I click on them. If I click on another when the first is trying to load, then that second opens but takes a long time to poad the message. The thing is, sometimes the first will load quick. Any helpful ideas?

What version of eM Client are you using Allen? If it is 7.2.36465, uninstall that one and then you can download and install the previous version 7.2.35595 from the Release History.

Hey, yes, using 7.2.36465. If I uninstall it will I lose all my emails, or will the previous version find them somewhere and load them all?

When uninstalling, you will be asked if you want to keep your database. Choose Yes then after downgrading everything will be there as before. To be safe make a backup first using Menu > File > Backup.

That seems to have taken care of it. Thanks. So should I wait until another version comes out before updating?

I really don’t know Allen. I wrote to one employee at eM Client and the reply was that the “update can cause a temporary slowness when its first loaded, but after a bit of use it should all even out”. I guess you could try again and see if that is true.