Emails only coming through erratically - digital constipation!

I find my emails rarely come through immediately - sometimes they are two or three days or longer behind. I click refresh and it twirls for a few seconds but the emails don’t come through. And then perhaps a day or two later they catch up.
I have another email program which is instant so I know how far behind is eM Client.
Do hope somebody has an answer for me
I’m elderly and non-techie so please explain any solution in easy terms.
Thank you in anticipation

Who is your Email provider?

I’m with Virgin media but emails come through OK on phone and with email service

Emails only coming through erratically.

I’m with Virgin media but emails come through OK on phone and with email service.

If you are using the following Virgin Media IMAP settings as per their website, and already tried removing and re-adding the account, then could be you have an eg: optional program installed interfering with eM Client or you may have an outdated eM Client version and need updating.

IMAP Server: imap.virginmedia.com
Port: 993
Security: SSL / TLS
Username: Your full email address
Password: Your password

Programs that can sometimes interfere are eg: Optional Firewall / Security programs, Optional Antivirus scanning programs and VPNs. So if you have any of those, try completely disabling them to test.

Now if removing and re-adding your account made no difference or you don’t have any optional programs installed, then check that you are running the latest eM Client version. All the latest versions for PC & Mac are via the release history page.

Note:- If you do remove & re-add your account or upgrade to a later version of eM Client, backup first via “Menu / Backup” (PC) or “File / Backup” (Mac). You can see when the backup is complete in “Show Operations” via the dropdown on the right of Refresh at the top left.

Lastly could be there is a problem with your current eg: computers Broadband connection compared to your Phone / Mobile data connection which could explain why it’s only working ok on your phone / mobile. So try also rebooting your Broadband router & any internal network switches if you have those too incase it’s an ISP issue.

viernes 07 julio 2023 :: 0846hrs (UTC +0100)

I am visiting with a friend in UK who is on Virgin Media, apparently there have been recent and ongoing issues with their service, he has been receiving sporadic updates from VM stating they are still working to clear a “backlog” whatever that means.
I suggest you check their site:
VIRGIN MEDIA STATUS
and progress from there if no immediate resolution.

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Reino Unido y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas

1 Like

martes 11 julio 2023 :: 0833hrs (UTC +0100)

My friend in UK sent me this today, VM say is fixed now.

+++++ +++++Cut & Paste from Virgin Media+++++ +++++
We wanted to let you know that our teams have now completed the full restoration, which means all of your emails should now be available.

We sincerely apologise for the disruption you have experienced, and we will be carrying out a full review of this incident to ensure we learn from it in future.

You do not need to take any action but if you need further assistance then our customer service teams are on hand to support.

Kind regards,
Axel Wehrle
Director of Customer Service, Virgin Media
+++++ +++++End of Cut & Paste+++++ +++++

skybat

¡Suerte!

¡Los mejores desde Valencia la soleada y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like