emails only collected after shutdown and re-opening

Hi Paul, I’m sorry to have to report another problem.  The program has been working correctly for a few days but now it will not receive emails unless the program is shutdown and then re-opened, at which time emails are received.  There are no errors and both SMTP and IMAP servers show OK on diagnostics.

All emails have arrived in the account as proved by iPad receipt.

I have also removed Avira antivirus as you suggested and replaced it with AVG but with the same result whether email protection is on or off.

It is a great program and I want to keep it but the apparent unreliability is worrying - I hope there is a simple solution.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Hi, what mail service are you using and what version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul

Since my last post, the program is now working  properly!  Today, emails are being received simultaneously with the iPad.  The email provider is zoho.com but this does appear to be an intermittent problem. Unless you have some suggestions at the moment that might be causing this can I just leave this open for a while to see if it re-occurs?

Hi, yes if you encounter the issue again, let me know, I’ll be happy to help.
Also make sure to make a screenshot of any errors you might be seeing related to this issue.
And if you’re using any firewall or antivirus software with mail protection on your computer, make sure eM client can work properly with this software (e.g. ports you’re using for receiving and sending emails are not disabled etc.).

Thank you,
Paul.

I’ve noticed this with Zoho as well.  I was using PostBox previously.

Hi Mike, so your account shows the same intermittent connectivity issues? Are you seeing any errors?
What version of eM Client are you currently using?

Thank you,
Paul.