EMails "disappearing" on Iphone if read on EMClient first

Ok, So I set up an IMAP account within EmClient. EmClient is great BUT if I view a new email on the EMClient ui, that email does NOT download to my Iphone with the same accoutn settings. I know in some mail apps you can choose how you want emails treated on the server but I cannot find this ability in EMClient. Does anyone else have this problem?

Hi,
you can usually choose this settings on the mail account settings online, when you login to your email account.
Is your iPhone using IMAP as well? What email service are you using?

Thank you,
Paul.

Iphone is using IMAP. The email service is via Global Relay. POP accounts are the only ones that allow you to leave a message on the server, not so with IMAP.

Hi,
actually both leave the message on the server, IMAP basically mirrors what’s happening between your devices to the server, if you delete a message it get’s deleted on the server if you read it it’s marked as read on all your devices and the server as well, but it’s not deleted.

POP on the other hand only downloads new/unread messages and can be set-up to delete the messages from the server, can you please check if your iPhone really is set-up as an IMAP connection, the problem itself seems like this would be the case.

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, I verified IPHONE is set up as IMAP - i think it has to do with polling the server - if emclient polls the server first, for some reason the iphone will not pull down the already read message from the server. very odd

Hi,
sorry for the late reply, can I ask you if you could post screenshots of your email settings in eM Client and on your iPhone as well?

Thank you.
Paul.