email with attachments stuck in outbox

I have the same problem. I am running version 7.0.27943.0. I simply was sending a short email with a vcard attachment (<1Kb). The email is stuck in the outbox. I am not receiving any errors on the screen.I have the logs but did not see any errors in them.  I can send them if you give me an email address.

The email server is Zimbra. I have been using eM Client for over a year and I haven’t had any issues with email stuck in the outbox before. I just recently updated to the latest version and I bought a Pro license.

I have the same problem sending emails with large attachments are stuck in Outbox, The emails are sent but persist in Outbox we are sending via mail.optusnet.com.au

Hello Stephen,

Did you check it on your webmail, that the mail is already sent but in eM Client’s outbox at the same time? If yes, after you are in the Outbox folder, try hitting the F5 button for refresh to see if the manual sync helps it.

Regards,
Russel

I checked with the recipient that they had received the email.  However the email still showed in my outbox.   I am thinking that may be I have set the check for emails to a time period smaller that the time to send the email, so perhaps the program gets confused when a new check for email occurs before the big email has had a chance to be delivered.  

Hello Stephen,

According to what you say, it seems as a SMTP issue. When you go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, try running the diagnostics feature for your account to see if it helps. Also please let me know what email account has this sort of problems.

Regards,
Russel

Using Version 7.1.31849.0, still encountered this issue. 
In the log showing:
4:17:42 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason: 
4:17:42 PM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
4:17:42 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
4:17:42 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

And have performed diagnostic in Account settings unable to find any errors.

Is this something new, meaning were you able to send before and now you are not? Does this happen with all email you try to send?

One thing you can try is to completely disable your anti-virus and firewall and try again.

Seem to be working fine now. After disable anti-virus and try still cannot restart the whole system, try few rounds then suddenly can sent out successfully after that. Previously, I did not save password for sending email, now I have saved the password for sending email seem to be working now.

Having similar problems.  Using V7.1.30794.0. Mails with no or small attachments go OK, but larger attachments, such as 2.5Mb, whilst they do get sent, remain in the Outbox. After a while they seem to get set again, still remaining in the Outbox.
12:03:25 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
12:03:28 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
12:03:28 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
12:04:10 PM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason: 
12:04:10 PM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
12:04:10 PM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
12:04:10 PM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)

Above log shows failure?

The latest update 7.1.32088.0 is available to download at http://www.emclient.com/release-history. Can you install that and see if there is any difference?

Also, check that you have the correct SMTP settings for your server.

Hi all, I am using eM Client 7.1.33101.0, still encountered the above mentioned problem when sending an email with attachment with one of the pdf attachment is about size 1.2MB.

Below is the operation log from em Client:

9:05:11 AM Online state: changed to online due to NetworkAvailability
9:05:12 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/
9:05:13 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
9:05:13 AM [email protected] [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:05:13 AM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
9:05:14 AM [email protected] [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder list
9:05:14 AM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder list
9:05:15 AM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
9:05:15 AM [email protected] [Google Calendar]  Synchronizing folder ‘[email protected]/Yxxxxxxxxxxxxx/’
9:05:15 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
9:05:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:05:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/INBOX
9:05:16 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
9:05:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:05:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]
9:05:17 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing subfolders: Done
9:05:17 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/All Mail
9:05:22 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
9:05:22 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
9:05:23 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:08:16 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/All Mail
9:08:17 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:09:10 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
9:09:13 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
9:09:13 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
9:09:16 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
9:09:16 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Disconnected: Done
9:15:10 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Connecting: To [email protected]
9:15:12 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Connected: To [email protected]
9:15:12 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Downloading messages: From [email protected]
9:15:13 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
9:15:13 AM [email protected] [POP3]  Disconnected: Done
9:15:53 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
9:15:56 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
9:15:56 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
9:16:10 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Disconnected: From [email protected]
9:16:10 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Disconnected: Done
9:17:00 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connecting: To [email protected]
9:17:02 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Connected: To [email protected]
9:17:02 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  Sending messages
9:17:33 AM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Deleting item(s) from folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
9:17:41 AM [email protected] [Google Contacts]  Deleting item(s) from folder ‘[email protected]/Contacts/’
9:17:41 AM [email protected] [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
9:17:41 AM     “Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.”
9:17:41 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
9:17:41 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
9:17:51 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/All Mail
9:17:52 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
9:19:25 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder [email protected]/[Gmail]/All Mail
9:19:26 AM [email protected] [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done

HI, a month ago, I took up em client. It looks brilliant - really attractive and I was delighted with it. However, I have had so many small issues that have arisen from it - and my most frustrating one now is that emails with attachments over roughly 4mb simply wont leave the outbox. Sometimes it sends, sometimes it does not. I have to then enquire of the recipient as to whether it has arrived. this is ridiculous, I am afraid. I have looked at everything written about this in the forum and it is simply not making any difference. As a result, I am moving back to Outlook, where I have never had this problem before. I have since tested outlook and it works perfectly. so good luck to you all - em is clearly isn’t for me.

As a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try send again.
Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

If those are disabled and there is no change, you will find the error for this in Menu > Operations > Log tab. Look for SMTP errors from the time during which the security apps are disabled.