Email stuck in outlook but doesn't appear in folder

I tried to send an email before Christmas but everytime I try to log out of my account since then it asks me if i want to log out as there is still 1 message to send in my outbox, when i look in my outbox the email is not there and i cant find it anywhere, (it hasnt sent either) !? I’m hoping someone may be able to help… (other emails are still sending and receiving fine)

Hello Sue,

Could you please make sure that you have Smart folders and Local folders enabled? You can verify this in  Menu -> Tools -> Setting ->General - General - are both “Show Smart folders” and “Show Local folders” options checked? If you see both Smart folders and Local folders in the left pane, could you please see if it’s possible to find the e-mail in them?

Thank you,
Maurice

Hello, bizarrely the email did send this morning and is now showing as a sent message on the 22nd December, I know for certain the email wasnt received on this date and today I received an out of office reply which contradicts the date it is saying it sent!!??  I have also now activated the smart folders as you explained thank you.

Hello Sue,

Thank you for the update. If anything similar happens again, please do let us know.

Regards,
Maurice