email read status not updated after sync.

We are currently working on a workaround but I cannot tell you when exactly it will be finished - sorry. I will inform you as soon as we have some ETA.

This is a problem in eM.
On other devices and programs Sync works perfectly.
In eM I need to put it in OFFLINE mode or close and open the program.

Me to. Sucks!

Hello,

No, Google still has stopped sending statuses about emails, it is now available only to paid customers…

reagards
Jan

I am so confused. Why does emClient insist it is gmail’s fault? Thunderbird and others sync properly. Why can’t emClient duplicate their process?

thunderbird can’t do this like it should, they might have some better workaround than us but this issue with not sending statuses is same for all clients.

anyway into 6th version there should be some workaround as I have been told by developer, but still it will be workaround only.

best regards
Jan

Thanks - Can you explain…“like it should”. I just want to be able to read my gmail anywhere on any client and it show “read” emClient. Thunberbird does that for me every second of every day.

You so wrong! But thats ok.

Me too!

Sorry - I can’t buy into the official response. Virtually every other mail client, including numerous Android ‘freebies’ and open source projects, handle message read status sync transparently. Few, if any, are paying Google for this capability. I dare suggest the eM Client developers reach out to the community for help or just look at the open source code for this bit of functionality.

Hello,

this is simply not true, thunderbird can sync read statuses simply because it has workarounds, we are working on ours and they should be released in 6th version.
But no client directly can read this, it is paid function from Google Apps to user accounts.

I understand it is hard to accept that we have no reason to lie to our users, and definitely not about function that requires no effort implementing (it worked before google made this paid).

so every email client that can synchronize these statuses is capable of it because of workarounds not because they have some privileges what we do not (and definitely not community developed Thunderbird)

We will try to introduce our workarounds, that is all I can say now about this, if users do not believe this we do not force anyone to believe, but our reaction on this issue is this.

with best regards
Jan

Missed the point. But that’s ok if a workaround is (finally) coming.

Hello,

thank you for your understanding.

regards
Jan

Nothing yet? I can NOT believe in that!
The eMclient loses all purpose!

Hi,

this is Issue on Google’s side, not on ours.

with regards
Jan

Sorry, as I have posted before nearly every other email client (Windows, Android, IOS) handles this properly without drama or performance issues. Whatever technique eMclient is using to detect read/unread status needs to change. Continuing to pin blame on Google is disingenuous to your client base.

I don’t think that telling users the truth is somewhat disrespectful, actually I think that way other clients often hides errors from users is much more worse.

Jan

BTW, this happens with Yahoo as well.

I am trying out eM Client for the first time and using my Ymail account to test it. It passed many of my tests, but I had to shut down the Client and restart it to have it recognize a ‘Read’ status change from the server.

Kind of disappointing that eM is not fixing this obvious problem. In my travels around the software world (I am a developer myself) I keep hoping to find a company that actually responds to it’s customers. Sounds like eM is no different than most.

Edit of the above comment:

This is not a Gmail issue. It is a bug in eM Client. I don’t know why they would say such a thing when all you have to do is test other clients and they work perfectly. I just tried a client called Mailbird and it works flawlessly! It detects both flagged status and the read status changes from the server in seconds. eM Client does not unless you restart it.

Yes I know Mailbird is not as full featured as eM, and I wasn’t saying it is better, but if they can figure out how to get such a simple thing working, why can’t eM?

I was looking for an email client for my parents to use, and eM is out of the running now. Not so much because of this bug, but because eM simply chooses to ignore it. In other words, they don’t care that much about the customer experience and woudl rather focus on fancy features. What other basic features are they ignoring.

Hi, this is user’s forum, paid users has priority over free so we help them first. Anyway as you can see from history sooner or later we try to help our free license users too.

Anyway if this is happening with Yahoo then it could be same issue preventing fully functional IMAP authentication. We know about it but there is nothing we can do about it as Yahoo mail has terrible software engineers and support and they do not react to us when we ask about their half functional authentication servers.

Anyway I will need your IMAP logs, go to Tools - Settings - Advanced, check IMAP under your account, apply and restart eM client.

then synchronize with server and after you will receive another not updated emails, from same advanced window send logs… to [email protected] with this topic’s url in subject.

then you can turn logging off.

Jan