Email not read by eMclient

I installed eMclient last week. I imported all data that I
had in Outlook 2000 with success. This Monday when I started eMclient, only 12
messages were transferred from my e-mail provider to my eMclient, which was not what was expected. I logged on my e-mail provider and there were 35 unread messages. Why not all were transferred to eMclient?

I am using:        eMclient  6.0.21015.0

Windows XP SP 3  (32 Bits)          

Edgard K

Sorry for my English

Hi Edgard, what mail service (provider) are you using with eM Client?
Are you seeing any errors from the application?

Are all the messages located in your “Inbox folder”? Are you using a POP or an IMAP account?

Thank you,
Paul.

Yes, all messages that were read are in the Inbox. My E-mail provider is superig.com.br. I am using POP.

Edgard K

Hi again, are you completely sure the messages you’ve seen in the webmail were never read or opened in another client? POP3 protocol only downloads newly received unread messages.
Is there any reason in particular you’d like to use the POP3 account instead of an IMAP account?

IMAP synchronizes all your mailbox folders including Inbox and all subfolders, and allows you to see the exact same content as you should be seeing on the server.

Paul.

Yes I am sure that the missing messages were never read.

I use POP because I only read my e-mail from one computer and I want all the content (Images and attached files) of the mail in my computer so that I do not have to wait for it to load when I read de message.

Edgard k

IMAP should be able to the exact same, where is IMAP is different is the synchronization and that it keeps all your email just as you can see it in your email client.
However if you want to remain using a POP3 account, can you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on POP and Network communication (general) logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Replicate the issue
    When the issue occurs and you notice some of your email has not been downloaded again, please go back to the Advanced settings window and click on “Send logs” and send the logs to [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

Thank you,
Paul.

Did you receive the log ?

Edgard K

Hi again Edgard, yes I have received your submitted data, I have forwarded the data to the developers and I’m now currently waiting for a response, once I have more information from the developers I’ll keep you posted on a possible solution for this issue.

Thank you,
Paul.