Email not downloading to local folders from GMail

Hi All. I am trying to copy my email to local folders but they are not appearing. I have ticked the Accounts/IMAP/Offline boxes for offline use and include attachments. I previously moved my eM folder to a separate directory and there is a mail_data.dat file there that’s 532MB so I presume that it is the local email store.
Any clues please?
Cheers
Ken

Hi Ken,
did you also change the databases folder location in Tools>Settings>Data storage? Also, is there any message when you try to copy your messages to Local folders?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Olivia
Thank you for the reply. I changed the Tools/General/Storage/DB Location as per my original post. Im sorry but I didn’t know you had to copy the messages. I have now and they all went across.

Doesn’t eM synchronize the messages?

Cheers
Ken

Hello,
synchronizing happens with your messages on the server. Once you move them to local folders, that is the only copy of them. Local folders do not synchronize to anything, because they are locally only in your computer in your eM Client database.
And in the Storage section there is an explanation on how moving the database location works - it is not copied automatically.

Regards,
Olivia