Email not downloading from Service provider

When I start EMclient all my mail downloads from the service provider.     From that point no additional mail ever gets downloaded.   I use the receive mail button and it does nothing until I close EM an restart it.   My mail sits on the server until I close/re-open EM.     Can anyone please help to explain what to fix so email downloads when I click receive mail?

Another way to describe this problem is EM synchronizes at startup.   It does not synchronize every 1 minute as it is set in my EM settings.  Also, send/receive does nothing = no download and no errors.   Mail still sits in my service provider mailbox until I restart EM.

Hello, sorry to see this, what version of eM Client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About? What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Are you using any security software on your computer, that may have disabled the application’s ability to connect with your mail server?

I’ve checked my security settings and nothing has changed.  Sync used to work until I upgraded to the latest revision of eMclient version 6.0.22344.0   And mail downloads just fine at launch of the client so if it were security, that would be blocked as well.

Also, SMTP and IMAP diags state that there is no issue, however I can’t get mail to download unless I close eM and re-open it.    

What mail service are you using with eM Client? If you’re using any security software, try to disable it temporarily, some security applications may be blocking the ability of the application to create a stable IDLE connection between the client and the IMAP server, so loading on application startup might be able to work even if the application blocks the connection - different kind of connection.

Try to update to this release as well, 6.0.22504.0 and check if the problem reoccurs.

Regards,

I am using Internet and Charter email services.  I’ve upgraded to all the latest revs. have no security issues to resolve.

Other mail clients work just fine. 

EM used to work fine as well until I upgraded to R6 when it was first released.

I am having this same problem:  Emails will download when I start EM and then for a short period (3-90 minutes maybe) and then not download, even after pressing F5.  I’m on ver 6.0.24144.0 on Win10 with 10 email accounts one of which is gmail and the other GoDaddy.  When I exit out and restart EM, it will download my emails for a while.  EM updated itself 3 to 5 weeks ago but didn’t notice this problem until recently (last 3 or 4 days).  I would consider this a pretty significant problem because if forces me to remember to restart EM every hour or so.  Luckily my phone alerts me to new emails so I know when EM is not working.

I have the same problem and I am using version 6.0.24316.0.  eM syncs at startup and will not sync messages during an automatic sync per schedule in settings.  The operations window opens and it goes through the motions of syncing mail, but retrieves no messages, while the default mail client on my Android phone and Samsung table have already retrieved the messages.  eM must be restarted to retrieve messages.

Hi Richard,
sorry for the late reaction, does this happen with all of your accounts or just some of them? How do you have your synchronization set up in Tools>Settings>General tab?

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Joe,
may I ask what email accounts does this happen on?

Regards,
Olivia

The account is with Time Warner. More specifically @tx.rr.com.